Field Trip, pt 1 ✓

A/N: when it comes to AoS, I'm really just including them all because I love them. Trip, Bobbi, Hunter and Elena, despite not being in the show at the same time, will all be present.

After having been kidnapped, tortured and been caught in a school shooting, Peter really thought the universe would give him a break - but the universe had other plans.

"Okay everyone, listen up. Each science class is going on a different STEM field trip. AP physics, chemistry and biology is going on one, the other classes are being set into groups based on recent test results. So, we are going to, drum roll please," the class tapped on their desks excitedly "Stark Industries based at the Avengers Compound." Cheers broke out, and while less than thrilled, Peter couldn't stop the small smile on his face - he loved walking around the compound with scientists and engineers.

Maria had recently introduced him to a friend called Phil Coulson (the Avengers had been surprised to see him alive - except Natasha who had caught Maria talking on the phone with him) and his team of agents. He already knew them from training but only in a professional manner, and was glad to meet them all properly. He'd gotten on like a house in fire with FitzSimmons and Mack. He always knew what Fitz was trying to say, never getting it wrong even when others did. Simmons said they were on the same brain wave, but he kept up with her too - he kept up with their friend Daisy when talking about hacking as well which surprised all the new guys. The others knew he was a genius. He didn't have much in common with Elena Rodriguez but enjoyed her company, the two would often speak in Spanish to annoy the others. Melinda May scared him, as did Agent Morse but other than the two experienced agents he got on with all of them - especially the scientists. He found Hunter was fun to annoy and played more than enough pranks on him, often with the help of Agent Triplett.

Point was, he loved talking science with everyone who would talk to him about it - Shuri and he spent hours working together via video calls. And he loved walking around his home; everyone there either loved him, or feared him. Then again, who wouldn't be scared of the Black Widow's son?

Flash apparently.

"Yo Penis! You excited?" Peter nodded in response, he realised that maybe he should be dreading it but he loved the labs too much to care. "Good, because it'll be the only time you see the inside of Stark Industries before you're banned for life for fraud." Oh, if only he knew.
"Flash, I promise, I've been in the compound before and you saying otherwise while we're there will not be beneficial for either of us." Peter replied, already fed up. The teacher handed out letters about the trip for parents to read, permission slips attached.

It was in a couple weeks, Peter doubted he could hide it from his mother that long without help - and the only person that would help was Maria - if only because it's her job to control and pick up after the Avengers and them accidently revealing his identity would be a lot of paper work for her as well as Coulson, Fury and Pepper all shouting at her down various phones to get it sorted out - then again, she hated sleeping on the couch more than doing paper work because the Avengers can't keep their mouths shut so maybe not. Pepper was a reasonable and smart person, maybe she'd be helpful.
"Yeah, I bet that's where you were holed up those three months you were missing." For a split second Peter was back in that room, chained by his ankles to the ceiling, Maria bloodied and dying only feet away, just out of reach.
"I told you Flash, that's none of your business." Peter all but growled, masking his fear with anger; he hated thinking about his time locked in that cell with the Commander, being tortured for information about his mother that he didn't know but Maria clearly did.
"Whatever Parker." The taller boy stalked off. MJ patted his back to comfort him as he buried his head in his hands.

(⊙_◎)

"Hey Pepper, can I talk to you and Maria in your office please? Without the others knowing." Pepper nodded and went to find Maria as Peter made his way to hide in the woman's office. Pepper came back with Maria moments later. "I need your help."
"What with sweetie?" Pepper asked, moving to sit at her desk as Maria remained stood by the door.
"I have a field trip that Mama can't know about - that no-one can know about. You two are the only sensible people around here and the only people able to hide information from Mama." He explained, leaving the two adults more confused than before.
"Why can't anyone know about it?" Maria pushed, moving to stand behind him.
"It's here, the three AP classes are coming for a tour - I just, I want something normal. I love my life. Well, I could do without the PTSD but other than that it's perfect. But it isn't normal. I know Mama tries - and so do you mum, but I didn't exactly have a normal upbringing or normal experiences. Instead I have crazy layered on top of insane experiences - hell, being stabbed is like a weekly occurrence at this point, but I want one normal thing. So please help me hide this field trip so I can feel like a normal kid for once in my life." He pushed, both women sighed.
"Peter, you aren't normal, you never were and you never will be. You've been trained by the black widow since you were four, kidnapped, bitten by a radioactive spider, and you live with the goddamn Avengers." Maria pushed him into a chair and crouched in front of him, holding his shoulders firmly.
"You said a bad language word." Maria just chuckled at Peter's response.
"Having a normal life was never something that was going to happen, nor anything you wanted before - what changed?" Pepper asked.
"Nothing! I just don't want Mama and Uncle Tony embarrassing me. I don't want anyone embarrassing me. I want to be on this trip as Peter Parker not as Peter Romanoff."
"I don't get it Pete." Pepper understood where the boy was coming from - Tony is incredibly embarrassing - but Maria knew the boy had never cared about what people thought of him before now.
"Okay, um, I'll give you a different angle. If word gets out about who I really am, as either Spiderman or Black Widow's son, you two have to deal with the consequences. Fury and Coulson angrily getting you to sort it out. Extra paper work. The press! This has been a well guarded secret by SHIELD, Stark Industries and the Avengers my whole life. What happens if that gets out? Because Maria, you're the bridge between SHIELD and the Avengers so you'd take the heat, right? It'd be your head. Pepper, the work you've gone to keep the employees quiet about all this since Mama came to work for you in 2010. Eight years you've been guarding this secret, Maria, you as well, I just think that all your hard work would be null if this got out, and the repercussions you'd face-"
"Okay, okay, we'll keep it a secret. God you can tell you're Nat's kid." Maria broke first. Peter smiled, hugged her (something he'd been doing since they'd escaped together) and thanked her before running off.