Natasha Vs Agent Romanoff ✓

Little five year old Peter was jumping on the sofa in excitement. Natasha reached up and pulled him into her lap, tickling his sides. No-one noticed Fury as he watched from the door, Maria by his side. Peter giggled and curled into the spy's chest, hugging tightly, Natasha wrapped her arms around him while kissing the side of his head.
"I love you mama."
"I love you too, Pete." Maria smiled but interrupted the sweet scene.
"Romanoff." Natasha spun at the familiar voice, beam shrinking to a happy smirk before it dropped off her face completely as she caught Fury's eye. She sighed, regretting giving Maria an emergency key.
"Hey baby, why don't you go build some Lego in your room; I'll be there soon." Peter nodded and stood up, extending a hand to his mother to help her to her feet, causing Maria to chuckle as Natasha smiled, before he ran off to his room.
"Afternoon sir, to what do we owe the pleasure?"
"That was not Romanoff." Fury stated gesturing to the sofa; half amused, half concerned - fearing the worst and someone was impersonating her.
"My apologies sir." Natasha stood up straight in front of Fury.
"You were all smiley." He said in astonishment. "And laughing." Maria gave Natasha a look that told her that she should've listened to the brunette and told Fury about her son and why she had her own apartment rather than living at base like she had previously. "And not at all the calculating and cold assassin I know."
"Everyone has a secret." Natasha pushed.
"Natasha's secret is apparently a soft side, who would have guessed." Maria smirked, she knew all about Natasha's soft side - being her best friend and all.
"You were happy and carefree, where did my best spy go?" Natasha went to answer. "Don't answer that. I need you to be cold and calculating, to remain vigilant. Never before have I seen anyone sneak up on you, and you jumped half a mile when you realised we were standing here." Natasha decided to ignore the fact that she hadn't jumped but her son had.
"Well, I had no idea you were intending to drop by while I was with my son. My apologies, but he's where my focus remains while in this house hold. Feel free to take a seat, I'm making Peter a snack, do either of you guys want anything? Tea? Coffee? Food?" Natasha offered while walking towards the kitchen. Fury followed her.
"We're here to talk business."
"It'll have to wait. I don't talk about missions where Peter can interrupt, we'll head to my office in a moment." Natasha sighed while cutting up an apple. "I try to keep my son away from all that, I don't want him to worry." She dumped the apple slices onto a plate and opened the fridge, returning with a handful of grapes and putting them on the plate as well.
"Very well." Fury sighed. "This is all very domestic, I didn't think you had it in you to be motherly."
"I didn't either."
"If you don't mind me asking, how do you have a kid? Didn't you have an operation to prevent that?"
"I wouldn't call it an operation so much as strapping me to a table against my will and violating me but yes. He's adopted. His parents died a couple years ago - his aunt and uncle tried to look after him, but we're really struggling. They didn't want him in the system, so it was a private adoption. Either way, he's my kid and this is his routine." She added a biscuit to the plate and walked back to the living room from before, placing the plate on the coffee table. Peter came running in moments later. He smiled, sat by the plate and started munching. Natasha kissed his head gently and stood, Fury watching in stunned.

"She's so different here from her work persona." He told Maria in shock, Maria chuckled. The redhead then lead them down the hall to an office - the five year old wasn't allowed in there so it was a safe place to talk.

They both moved to base not long after that, the secret was out and Natasha needed somewhere for Peter to stay on missions - there was only so many times she could ask the neighbors before they got suspicious.