14. Mingyu

We reached after thirteen hours of journey and took a cab to the hospital. Soon we reached the hospital and ran inside.

"Excuse me ma'am. I had got a call from Mr. Mingyu's cell phone. Can I see him?" I asked the lady at the reception.

"What are you to him Ms.?"

"I'm his girlfriend."

"Okay." She started searching for some information on her PC. I was getting more impatient since the little time she was taking felt like long years.

"It had been more than 10 hours and no family had shown up. So we have kept his corpse in the mortuary."

I couldn't speak anything else. The way she mentioned him as 'corpse' broke my heart even though I knew he was no more there with me.

"Can you please tell us where the mortuary is?" Jungkook spoke, she nodded and told us to take the stairs to the basement and to walk through the hallway. She handed us a paper that had Mingyu's information so that we could show it to the guards down there.

Jungkook held my hands and helped me get there.

We got in the room and I saw a huge room with three beds on which people were lying with a white cloth covering over them. My eyes ran to the bed that had Mingyu's name written on the hanging tag. My heart started beating like it would end any moment.

The guard took us to Mingyu's bed. I held my tears as much as possible but as soon the guard took off the cloth from Mingyu, I fell on the ground and I could no more hold on to my tears. The guard left us all alone there and went back to the entrance.

Jungkook pulled me up and held me tight. I felt as if there was no energy left in my legs. I felt frozen at the moment and everything around me went black and I could only see my love laying there on bed completely pale.

He was lying on the bed; he was pale, completely pale with a huge cut on his face which ran from the right corner of his forehead until his mid cheek. He had some scratches on the right side of his face and the skin of his right ear had peeled off slightly, but he still had a small smile on his face.

I slowly held his frozen hands and kissed the back of it, "Baby... I've come to see you. Aren't you gonna open your eyes. I missed you so much Mingyu-ah. See, I came all the way back for you and you still don't open your eyes. Come on don't be like this, wake up. Wake up and kiss me Mingyu. You promised me you would take me to deep sea diving and Alaska with you, you can't break your promise like this." I stood up and hugged him, laying my head on his freezing bare chest. "Please wake up. I can't lose you too. Please Gyu-I" I started crying. He didn't wake up even after calling him so much.

The guard came back. "His corpse is going to be taken to Korea, his parents have requested." He told us and some people came in and told us to leave.

"Can I stay with him for a little more time, please" I pleaded the guard but he told me that he had to follow the orders. I started crying harder when they started covering him up again. Seeing him going away broke my heart into pieces, Jungkook covered my eyes from behind and pulled me into a hug. I just stood in his embrace crying harder, feeling broken.

I've always lost the people I loved. The way I lost my grandmother and Mingyu was the worst. Mingyu was that one person who knew me like nobody else though I hadn't told him about my childhood. He was the thick blanket that would always make me feel warm on a cold day, the cold coffee on a hot sunny day, the book that I loved to read whenever I had time; in short he became my everything in a very short period of time.

I never thought that there would come a day when I will have to say good bye to him like this. 

----------------------------

A/n:

I really cried while writting this chapter. 

It is always hard to even think of loosing the people you love. 

And I know for ARMY's, even if some of us might not have met them yet, but I'm sure they hold a huge part of your lives and thinking of them leaving would surely will break us into pieces.

Stay safe and I'll keep reminding you....

I love you and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always there <3