22. House Hunting

I was again in the same place, dark but I had enough light pouring on me. Suddenly two arms wrapped around my waist yet again; the arms I anticipated the most, the arms which brought the at most comfort to my whole self. I turned around to face him; instead of a happy person, I saw Mingyu with a disturbed expression.

"What is it? Aren't you happy to see me?" I asked him as glistening water ran down my cheeks.

"Baby... give Jungkook a chance before it's too late." He said wiping off the tears from my face.

"How can I Mingyu? How can I share the love that I had for you with someone else?"

"That is why I want you to give him a chance. Spend time with him. There are already so many people around you right now who would want to break you both." I looked at him with confusion, not understanding whom he meant

"What do you mean?"

"I don't have much time left so before its time, let me help you" his body started becoming slightly translucent.

"Wait baby... please, I need to tell you what happened today." I tried to hold him but it was of no use, he was just like an illusion.

"I am always looking at you" he said and disappeared completely.

I woke up from my 'what felt like reality' dream. I grabbed the glass on my side table, poured some water and gulped it completely. I sun was already out. It was Saturday and I had no work at the company today.

I got ready and decided to take Soul for a walk. We both went out and walked to a nearby park. After going around the park and playing around with her, we decided sit down for a while and rest.

I sat down on the grass with Soul, massaging the top of her head.

"Soul, what do you think? We give Jungkook a try?"

She barked and started wiggling her tail hastily. I laughed at her and picked her up.

"I kind of think so too." I kissed her and stood up, ready to walk back home.

On my way back home I saw a good sized penthouse; with a lawn, a pool, huge windows. It was just completely appealing to the eye. I suddenly felt like buying a house for myself. I picked Soul up and rushed to our house.

My parents were up and were enjoying a show on the TV.

"Dad!!!" I shouted from the entrance of the living room. He flinched and dropped the remote from his hands.

"Jesus, Y/n. What's gotten into you this morning?" I chuckled at his reaction and jumped on the couch."Dad, I was thinking if I could buy myself a house. Can I?" I asked."What? Why?" he asked as his brows rose at me.

"Please dad. Can I? Please please please?" I did my puppy eyes."What's wrong with this house honey?" my mom asked.

"Nothing's wrong with this house. It's just that I want to own a house for myself. And Soul." I'm never gonna leave her.

"Okay, but you can buy it after sometime. Let the business get settled once and then I'll let you buy one. Happy?"

"Very much. Thank you so much dad. I love you."I kissed him on the cheek and ran towards my room.

I quickly ringed Taehyung,

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Wow... look who called me today"

"Mr. Kim? Don't get any ideas. I called you for some work."

"Oh... tell me Ms. Kim, how can I help you?"

"I'll give you half an hour, contact some dealers. I'm finding a house for myself and you are accompanying me. I'm not hearing a 'no' for an answer."

"Why would I ever say 'no' to you?"

"Mwo?"

"It's nothing. I'll call you back in 10"

"Okay."

I hung up the call and started getting ready. I know it's a bit too early for me to be searching for a house, but it's just that I don't have anything else to do at home so I'm gonna go hunt out some houses.

Taehyung and I left soon and reached the dealers office. He then took us to a few places and showed me some houses but none of them caught my eye.

There were still two places left, so since it was already time for lunch, I asked the dealer to join us for lunch but he refused and told us he would join us at the next location after his lunch.

We went to a nearby restaurant and ordered our food.

"Why do you want to buy a new house all of a sudden? Taehyung asked me as we were waiting for our food.

"Just to make sure I am far away from you" I joked and saw him pouting like a little kid. I chuckled at him and was about to answer him back but was interrupted,

"Hyung?" I turned around in the direction of the sound and there stood a handsome boy in casual white button up shirt and blue joggers, Jungkook. Jungkook looked at us with a frown probably thinking why we both were here.

"Oh... Jungkook-ah. What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked him.

"I came here for lunch. Are you two on a date?" Jungkook asked which left me staring at him with my eyes widened.

"You think so?" Taehyung asked wiggling his eyes. Jungkook's mouth parted and he looked at me with absolute shock.

"Shut up Taehyung. We are not on a date Jungkook. We are here just for lunch as we have some work to look into in the neighborhood."

"Oh, that's a relief" he said as he plopped himself beside me. He pushed me to make space for himself with his butt. I looked at him with a brow raised and he just shrugged it.

"Why are you seating yourself beside her? And why is it a relief for you?" Taehyung asked as he glared at the younger boy.

"Come on hyung that was just a joke." Jungkook answered with a fake chuckle.

"By the way, what's the work about?" Jungkook asked.

Just then the food arrived; just Taehyung's and my food. Taehyung started with his food without waiting for Jungkook's food to arrive. He gulped his food like a hungry wolf which made me chuckle.

"You still haven't answered me" Jungkook turned to face me.

"Uh that...Taehyung and I were looking for a house for myself. I asked my father and he told me I can move once the company gains more profit." I said like a kid who gets excited when she gets to buy her favorite candy.

"Oh... I hope you find a good one." He said as he patted my head. I slapped his hands and turned back.

"Yah! Why do you have to touch her for that?" Taehyung yelled. I looked at him with 'what is wrong with you all of a sudden' look. Jungkook just smiled and shrugged it off yet again.

"Shouldn't you be calling him as 'oppa' since he is elder than you?" Jungkook asked me.

I foolishly scratched the back of my head. I don't know it's just that, it's more convenient to call him by his name.

"That's because I don't want her to call me like that. You've got a problem with that?" Taehyung asked him rudely.

"What's wrong with you all of a sudden? You are acting really weird." I asked Taehyung. He just ignored me and continued with his food.

Soon Jungkook's food also arrived and we started having our food.

After the lunch we parted our ways and Taehyung and I went to the next property.

I looked at the house and I fell in love. 

----------------------------