Chapter Six: Monsters Are Real

(Two Days Ago- Rachel's POV)

    As soon as Jessica left the house for work, Rachel threw back the covers hiding her. Of course, she hadn't wanted to lie to her best friend but Rachel knew that Jessica just wouldn't understand, not about this at least. Rachel crossed the room for her window to let the nice summer breeze in and sighed in contentment.

    She knew Jessica would try to convince her not to meet with Nick and give up the search but she couldn't, she had to see it through. Rachel knew that Jessica didn't care for Nick as she didn't like most guys but given her past, Rachel understood why. After she had a bowl of lucky charms, MLP edition, she was almost ready to meet up with Nick. He said he would get her around eight so she busied herself by brushing her hair again and waiting for him. 

    Maybe she should leave a note for Jess, it wouldn't hurt. She grabbed for a sticky note when she heard a knock on the window frame. She twirled around to see Nick's face peeking through her curtains.

    "Hey, Rachel... Ready to go?" Nick asked with a goofy smile on his face.

    "Yeah," She laughed at the boy, "uh Nick why are you at my window. I have a front door." She gestured behind her.

    "Uh, I thought it was cooler this way." He said and shrugged.

    "Okay then you goofball, where are we headed?" Rachel said as she grabbed her camera and her bag.

    "Just a place I know."

    Rachel followed Nick blindly out the window and off they went.

• • • • • •

(Present Day- Jess's POV)

    "So get this!"

    Jessica rolled around on one of the beds to look at Sam who was sat back at the little motel table hunched over his computer. It looked as if he were sitting at a child's play table because he was so tall and it almost made her laugh. Dean had made some excuse and then left but Jess got the feeling that he didn't like research as much as Sam did.

    "What is it?" She had been stuffing her face with a bag of chips worrying about Rachel ever since they got back to the motel and couldn't do much else.

    "Uh, I was looking online for an explanation on all the crop failures..."

    "Well, that's because it hasn't rained in like months! Which is strange because it's spring and it always rains here in the spring... I've always liked the rain so, I've found it quite annoying actually."

    Sam nodded and looked back at his laptop before continuing.

    "Yeah, also I've been comparing that to anything in the lore in relation to horses."

    "Horses?" Jessica asked scrunching up her nose in confusion, "You think that Rachel's obsession with My Little Pony is connected to her disappearance?"

    "Well, you did say this Jones guy was dressed as a pony."

    "Yeah, but he was cosplaying as Doctor Whooves. Rachel was Roseluck; it parodies Doctor Who. It was just for fun so what does that have to do with her kidnapping? They are just fictional ponies."

    "We have to cover all our options even if it sounds strange. You'd be surprised at how many times we've hunted strange creatures."

    "Like what?" Jess asked.

    "Well...all kinds of things...witches, werewolves, ghosts...creepy backwoods monsters that...um you know what? That's a story for another time. I know it's a lot to take in but monsters are real, and, well, Dean and I stop them." He mumbled near the end.