Chapter Thirty-Five: My Bloody Valentine

(Sam's POV)

    "Do I have to go with you?" Sam heard Jess groan from the backseat which made him look back at her. She had a lore book in her hands and a frown on her face.

    Dean sent him a look that said, 'Your turn.'

    "Look Jess, if you wanna be a hunter then you have to learn more than just combat. You have to know how to get the information when you have to." He told her. She had to be a well-rounded hunter if she didn't want to chase circles for hours like they used to do.

    "Fine I guess...but you should know, I detest skirts."

    Dean and Sam shared a laugh as a familiar song came on the radio. Jessica started to jump around in the backseat.

    "Dean! Turn this up. It's the Beatles!" The older brother turned the knob, and filled the car with John Lennon's voice and also Jessica's voice as she sang along.

    This prompted Sam to sing along as well. Very badly.

 • • • • • •

    (Jess's POV)

    "So, you were the one who found the bodies?" Sam questioned the roommate of Alice who had been eaten. Jess cringed and looked around the crime scene and the blood that had been left behind.

    "There was blood everywhere and other stuff. I think Alice was already dead."

    "But Russel wasn't?" Sam asked.

     Jessica casually snooped around the apartment. A minimal amount of pictures littered the entry-way of Alice and her friend's home. Everything seemed normal.

    "I think they said he was moving or something. I really don't want to think about it." The roommate said as she continued to pack up which wasn't helping Jess create a mental picture of the apartment. She wondered how two people could even kill each other without knowing what they were doing.

    Any other police officer would write it off as drugs but knowing what she knew now it seemed witchy as she'd been reading a lot of lore on them recently since Sam's body swap thing that had happened a few weeks prior. The thing about witches, they did all sorts of stuff and could hide easily.

    As soon as they finished up, they thanked the roommate and made for the comfort of the Impala, almost tripping over the sidewalk

    "Stupid heels. Why do I have to wear these again?" She asked and knocked into Sam's frame who helped her into the backseat so she wouldn't kill herself.

    "Maybe we can find different shoes for you to wear. Nice boots or something." Sam suggested as they drove back to the motel and Jess smiled.

    "Yeah...maybe we can go shopping after this case," Jessica said and then frowned. Sam didn't seem like the shoppy type. "Or I could go. You don't have to come with me. We don't uh..."

    Sam shot her a look as he fiddled with the radio.

    "I'll go with you." He said and settled on a weird song about lost love and a lady blowing up some poor man's house. They didn't say much after that as Jess smiled quietly to herself.

    When they got back to the motel Dean was back from the morgue.

    "How'd it go?"

    "No Emf, no sulfur," Sam said as he closed the door after Jess entered.