Chapter Twenty-Four: A Demon's Importance

(Swap Meat Continued- Chloe's POV)

    Chloe watched Jessica Coleman run to the Impala, Dean Winchester following closely behind her. Chloe couldn't understand for the life... or afterlife... of her why she was watching these two. She hated anything that had to do with those boys but that girl was strange.

    She smiled sadly at the Winchester.

    The Demon followed as they slowly drove. She wondered where Hell's supposed leader was?

    She didn't think of Sam Winchester as the demon's supposed leader but as an abomination. Sam had been a pipe dream of Azazel's, a pipe dream that had never come to fruition. All that potential, thrown away. And at some point, Crowley had taken over. Still, she solely believed that all demonkind would be better off with the Easter Bunny, but she'd settle for Crowley. Even from only observing Sam when she had to chance, it was blatantly obvious that the younger brother was anything but evil.

    Word around was, some demons were after the younger brother because he brought back 'ole Luci, and being the awesome, crossroads demon that she was, she couldn't care less.

    The demon heard a gust of wind or the ruffle of wings which made her fall into a defensive stance​. Chloe whipped her head around to come face to face with a member of the God Squad himself. She looked up into the brilliant, blue orbs that were a part of the angel's meat suit and frowned.

    "Seriously! An angel. Look, bro, I was just taking a gander." Blue eyes looked slightly confused.

    "Poor baby." She said sarcastically, "I wasn't gonna hurt the Losechesters okay. Not all of us are coo-coo for CocoPuffs you can back off." Even though the demon had explained herself, she remained in her defensive stance just in case the angel decided to play hardball.

    The angel tilted his head awkwardly to the left as if the comment flew right over his head.

    "You misunderstand, I'm not here to hurt you." Blue eyes said.

    "Could've fooled me." She said and gestured to the cloud of dust the angels' wings had kicked up from the ground under her feet then dusted her pants off.

    "I apologize." He said stiffly. 

    'Hmm something was definitely up.' She thought. 'An angel just didn't apologize to a demon...it just wasn't how things were.'

    Chloe rolled her eyes and faced the celestial being head on, "Okay if you're not here to terminate me then why are you bothering with a little 'ole crossroads demon like myself?" The angel blinked and took a step closer.

    "Because there is work for you Chloe Bennet."

    "Work? For me? Puh-lease! What do you really want with me?" Castiel took another step forward. She might not have exactly believed the angel but she was curious. 

     "I'm here to help."

     "With what!?" Chloe sneered. "You have heard of my brother, right? If he finds out I'm facetiming heaven, he's gonna get angry."

    The angel looked like a deer caught in headlights.

    "You are important, Chloe, to heaven."

     Chloe watched him and noticed he had dodged her question about her brother but she schooled her features, "Pssh. Yeah right! I'm not important honey. Not to Heaven. Not to Hell. I'm no one." Cas took another step toward her.

     "I know you work for Crowley but the prophecy states that you will help the Winchesters drive Lucifer back to Hell. Despite any reservations you may have, it is the right thing to do. Lucifer will rain havoc down on the Earth if we don't stop him."