Chapter Sixty-Two: Swan Song

On April 21, 1967, the 100 millionth GM vehicle rolled off the line at the plant in Janesville – a blue two-door Caprice.

    There was a big ceremony, speeches. The lieutenant governor even showed up. Three days later, another car rolled off that same line. No one gave two craps about her. But they should have, because this 1967 Chevrolet Impala would turn out to be the most important car – no, the most important object – in pretty much the whole universe.

    She was first owned by Sal Moriarty, an alcoholic with two ex-wives and three blocked arteries. On weekends, he'd drive around giving Bibles to the poor "Gettin' folks right for Judgment Day." That's what he said. Sam and Dean don't know any of this, but if they did, I bet they'd smile.

    After Sal died, she ended up at Rainbow Motors, a used-car lot in Lawrence, where a young marine bought her on impulse. That is, after a little advice from a friend. I guess that's where this story begins.

    "And here's where it ends."

• • • • • •

    (Jess's POV)

    Jessica watched from the window in Bobby's house as Dean walked out to meet with Sam. It looked like they were having a big boy discussion and she didn't want to bother them. It had been a quiet few days for them but not for the world. More and more cities and towns were under siege. Freak nature storms and other very odd happenings had been going on.

    Many newscasters didn't know what to say...nothing like this had ever happened before. Of course, there had been earthquakes and hurricanes that had rocked the Earth. Volcanic eruptions and tornadoes tearing up land and wrecking families.

    But there was a strange feeling in the air. A taste of despair and utter chaos surrounding everything living. Of course, the people in the know...hunters and the supernatural alike knew that the end of days was upon them. But the unsuspecting humans that lived their lives and knew nothing of what goes bump in the night have no idea. They haven't the faintest clue as to what is actually going on...but even they know it's nothing good.

    Chloe walked over to Jess and they both looked out the window, up to the sky now. It was dark with clouds. It looked menacing and scary and the rain was starting to pick up. It looked like a normal Thursday...but it wasn't.

    "I won't blame you if you wanna leave Chlo.," Jess whispered out.

    It was stupid to try and push Chloe away now but even though they'd become fast friends, Jess knew little about the demon...except that her father had been responsible for the way she was now. There was of course nothing Jessica could do to repay her father's faults but Chloe didn't seem to care. She didn't blame Jessica like Jessica blamed herself.

    The demon continued to stare out the window like she hadn't even heard her friend. Then out of the silence came her voice.

    "I'm a lot of things Jess...but I'm not a coward. I know you're trying to do what you think is best...giving me an out but I'm involved now," She looked up at her friend. "I'm not going anywhere."

    "What about Hell?"

    "Who cares! Sam's gonna kick that little devil back in his playhouse and as soon as that's done, I'm getting out of that infernal place...I'll kill Crowley if I have to." The demon said with venom under her breath.

• • • • • •

    The brothers soon returned and everyone loaded up their stuff. Jess and Chloe would be going with Bobby and Cas would be riding along with the brothers.