Chapter Fifty-One: To Kill a Witch

(Jess's POV)

    Jess felt groggy and nauseous. Her vision was spotty at best but at least she could feel the ground beneath her. It was smooth and cold and smelled of fabric softener. She briefly wondered if she was in a laundry room.

    She blinked and tried to rotate her head around. Soon her vision cleared but the room she was in was dark, making it near impossible to see. Jess stretched her legs out, her foot hit something firm.

    "Sam?" she rasped.

    Her throat hurt and she wondered what had happened. The last thing she remembered was talking with Sam at the library. She kicked out again with her foot and whatever she was kicking fell over with a crash. Oops.

    She was sluggish as she sat up. Her hands were bound but she wasn't tied to anything and from the immediate space she was taking up...Sam was nowhere in kicking vicinity.

    "Sam?" Jess asked again.

    Nothing.

    Jessica rose on shaky legs and slowly took a step forward. First, she had to find something to get this stupid rope off her hands. She felt for her pocket knife that Bobby had given her a few weeks back when he came through town but didn't feel it in her back pocket. 'Great.' She thought.

    She slid her foot outward just in case there was debris or any objects in her way. Jess's foot met something to her left so, she turned right.

    "Sam!" She hissed out into the room.

    There still was no answer so she continued to walk around the darkened room. She could now make out some structures in the room as she bumped into a table and found a smooth jagged rock. It wasn't a knife but it would work. Jess kept taking tiny steps forward as she cut the thick ropes that entangled her wrists.

    Once her makeshift manacles were gone, She pocketed the rock just in case and continued forward until she felt a wall. She kept a hand on the wall as she walked until she hit a seam...a bolt that was flush with the wall. A door and an exit.

    Of course, the door was locked but that was where the rock came in handy. It took quite a few strikes but eventually, the door handle came mostly clean off.

    Jess dropped the rock and cautiously pulled the door open a crack. Faint light flooded the room and she took a peak out. She saw rows and rows of shelves filled with books.

    'We never even made it out of the Library!'

    Jess took tentative steps out into the hall and walked slow. Most of the lights in the library were off which reminded Jess of some stupid horror movie. But this wasn't a horror movie. The hall was quiet which made finding Sam even more difficult. But, she was determined to do just that. She had to be.

• • • • • •

    (Chloe's POV)

    "Well unless we come up with a plan soon, we're not gonna find your brother in time."

    "And Jess."

    Chloe looked over, shocked by Dean's words. She had assumed he didn't give two hoots about Jessica but it seemed like dumb had proved her wrong. Maybe he wasn't so bad. She only hoped that dumber would keep Jess safe until she and Dean found them.

   "Yeah...and Jess."

    The two were quiet as they drove on. Jessica and Sam could literally be anywhere. They'd been driving around for hours now and they weren't even close to finding them. They could be dead by the time they found them...or worse.