Chapter Fifty-Two: Zombie Mob

They walked out to the parking lot and saw the Impala pull up. It screeched to a halt and Dean swung the driver's door open.

    "Of course you show up after we solve the case." Jess smiled at Dean.

    "You're a sight for sore eyes," Sam said and grinned at his brother.

    "You two good?" Dean asked.

    They both nodded and then Jess looked shocked as they saw Chloe get out of the car. Dean looked back at her, "This is Chloe...uh works with Cas apparently." He shrugged as Jess and Sam came closer to the car.

    Sam and Jess just nodded. Jessica shot Sam a face but he just blinked and shrugged once Dean had turned away. It didn't look like Sam was gonna tell Dean. Chloe took this time to wave very quickly at Jess who rolled her eyes at her.

    "So...the witch dead?" Dean asked his brother and Jess.

    Jessica nodded solemnly and then gave Sam's gun back to him. She knew Dean saw her face but didn't have time to ask her any questions before Chloe spoke up.

     "So the witch is dead...but that doesn't explain that mob?" Chloe walked over to Jess to look her over and then looked back at the library.

    Jess looked at her friend. "What mob?"

    Dean cleared his throat and gestured for everyone to head back to the Impala. "We're not really sure. Chloe was being chased by it uh them earlier today...before we met."

    "What does a horde of people have to do with a witch killing a ton of people. Were they demons?" Sam asked.

    Chloe shook her head and looked at the other three as she leaned against the car.

    "No...they were dead. The mob I mean. Their faces were rotting and they looked like zombies. I mean that's what I've been calling them." She said.

    Dean opened up the trunk and took a look around before he grabbed the two machetes he knew were there and handed one to Sam. He grabbed the sawed-off and handed it to Jess who almost flinched when she grabbed it from him. He then handed the angel blade to Chloe. Jess looked at the sliver knife dagger thing, had it always been in the trunk?

    "Well if they are the undead then...I'd say a chop or bullet to the head should do it."

    Chloe looked down at the blade Dean gave her and grimaced. "So why do I have an angel-killing blade?"

    Dean looked back at her before grabbing some flares just in case.

    "Look...I get it." He said and took a few steps closer to Chloe, "You work for Cas...but that doesn't mean I trust you."

    "Let's get one thing straight, I work with him...not for him!" The demon hissed out.

    Sam interrupted their conversation. "Then who do you work for?" Jess rolled her eyes, she knew he would eventually say something to annoy her. Chloe sent him a not-so-nice gesture with her hands and Jess stepped in between them all.

    She slugged Sam in the shoulder which drew an annoyed Ow from him before she hefted the shotgun onto her shoulder. Jess grabbed Dean's jacket and dragged Dean away from Chloe, knowing that if they got into a tussle the Winchester would end up on the ground.

    "It doesn't matter who she works for...right now she's helping us so stop trying to psychoanalyze her and let's just find these zombies before they attack the townspeople and kill everyone." She sighed.