[2] The Unexpected Visitor

Flashback ~ August 17, 1987 ~ Olympus

ANNABETH CHASE

It has been seven years since the war with the giants. And it's the 7th year of my immortality.

Bit by bit, Camp Half Blood and Camp Jupiter are recovering from all the damage and loss it gets from the war. The two camps have sworn allegiance and loyalty to each other, setting aside all the rivalries and differences between Roman and Greek. The Gods and Goddesses are still bound by the laws to not visit their kids.

Nonetheless, a lot of demigods are being recognized now by their Godly parents and claimed. New faces can now easily recognize through the crowd filled with the old campers inside the camps. And as years went by, the harmony and peace filled the midst of the air.

"eth! Annabeth!"

"W – what?" I mumbled. I roamed around my gaze and realized that I'm now inside the Olympus castle and the Olympian Gods and Goddesses are staring at me weirdly. I let out a faint sigh with traces of sorrow pushed through out of my mouth.

"You okay dear?" my mother, Athena, Goddess of Wisdom and Battle Strategy asked.

I took a deep breath and gave a mourning smile and nodded, "Yes mother, I'm okay" I finally said, but I could see the worriedness in her eyes, and surprisingly, along with the other Gods, especially Poseidon, the God of the Seas and father of horses.

"Im fine, mother, I can handle myself." I began, "I came here because I finished the new designs of the cabins just as you all requested. We started the renovation but Chiron said to ask you if you wanted to add more details for your children's cabin."

After an hour or so I spent at Olympus, I soared the north shore of Long Island to get back to Camp Half Blood. It's been a long day and I could feel the heaviness of my body. I arrived at the magical borders of the camp that ensured that no monsters could sneak inside, I got past the fighting arena, a climbing wall with lava for training, an amphitheater and the Big House. I could see now the cabin for the Athena children when a glinting reflection of the moon caught my attention. I looked in its direction and saw the swaying temptation of the canoeing lake.

I didn't hesitate and walked straight to the lake and sat on the shore. I took in the cold breeze ruffling in the air and exhaled. I fasten my arms to my knees and lean my chin on it.

"Hello Percy!" I greeted the burbling sound of the lake.

"I'm okay, your wise girl is just doing fine here." I mumbled with a faint smile while my fingers were playing with the sands. I was answered back by the same sound of the water in front of me.

"Yeah! I miss you too, seaweed brain."

I stayed for almost an hour on the shore until I decided to stand up and go back. But, instead of going in the Athena Cabin, I walk straight to a long, low building with windows facing the lake and a trident with a big bronze number 3 engraved over the door. Undoubtedly, I stepped in and went to one of the empty bunk beds and laid my body down.

I looked around and saw that his belongings are still intact here. A smile spread across my face as I sat and hugged his favorite blue nemo pillow. After a while, I decided to stand up and went to a table across his bed. In there, picture frames are still standing, there's a picture of his mom Sally and step dad Paul, another with his half-brother Tyson, and standing in the middle, a picture of us; hands intertwined, both smiling happily.

I picked up the picture of us together. The tears I've been holding for this day is now staining my face. My heart can't stop beating rapidly as I felt the weakness of my knee causing me to fall and tremble on the floor. Hugging the picture, I noticed the time in my wrist watch...