[30] The Impenetrable Shield

HARRY

"I'll hold off Snape myself. – Hermione, you go back and get Ron and Iro, send them to the Hospital Wing. Grab the brooms from the flying key room, they'll get you out of the trapdoor and past Fluffy. Go straight to the owlery and send Hedwig to Dumbledore."

"But Harry, what if you-know-who's with him?"

"Well, I was lucky once, wasn't I? – I might get lucky again."

"AARGH! You three boys surely know how to be stupid and face alone the danger."

"Well, what do I say... we're not sorted to Gryffindor for petty reasons."

That is the last proper conversation I had before I was engulfed by the flash of green light Quirrell had sent to me. I couldn't see anything. Is this how it feels when you die? All black. I could see nothing at all. But I can still feel my body moving. My wand was perfectly clutched in my hand and... and... my heart, still beating, and it feels like I just finished a marathon because it pounds so fast it wasn't considered as normal.

'Is that supposed to happen when you die? Weird!' I thought. I tried to walk despite the nothingness but was abruptly stopped in my first step when I bumped into some kind of wall. I raised my hands and reached the thing. I tried to trace the ending of the wall but after a while, I noticed that I was just circulating myself.

'Am I in some kind of prison?" I began, "Looks like I'm in a cocoon, this place is too small to be considered a prison cell." I continued moving my hand to find at least a hole, but then I heard familiar voices.

"What happened!?" the cold voice yelled in rage.

"I do not know, master. – You Olympia! What have you done? What is this?" I heard Quirrell yell, but there is no answer from my friend.

"Iro!" I shouted. Then, I heard him shout back my name. "Where are you? I can't see you. I can't see anything." But he just kept calling my name. Then, I remember that I still have my wand. I raised it and chanted 'Lumos!' a white bright light emitted from the tip of my wand. I could now see my body wearing my school robes that are now ripped open. I lifted my head expecting to see them but still nothing. Instead, I saw a black curve wall surrounding me. I tapped it hard and realized that it is something made out of darkness. It's as black as a shadow but it is as hard as steel.

And I gasped as I realized what it was. It's the shadow shield Iro has been talking about since Christmas. Whatever spell Quirrell had thrown, it didn't hit me because I was engulfed by Iro's impenetrable shield before it could get me.

"I'm fine Iro! You save me!" I shouted. Then suddenly, the cocoon of darkness slowly made a hole above me until it wide spread and reached on my foot. I'm now free from Iro's protection and look for him but to my utmost horror, he was being threatened by Quirrell and about to chant a spell but this time, I quickly move and throw him a hex making him to let lose his hold of his wand and earning his attention to me.

"Kill him!" Voldemort yelled. Quirrell quickly advanced at me and before I could utter a spell, I was thrown on the floor making me release my grip to my wand. I felt his hand close on my wrist. At once, a needle-sharp pain seared across my scar. I yelled from the pain and struggled from the grip.

But to my surprise, Quirrell let go of me. And the moment his contact loses in my body, the pain on my forehead stopped.

From my peripheral view, I saw Iro struggling to hold his consciousness, still having a heavy breathing and drenched in sweat. I looked back at Quirrell and saw that he's hunched in pain, looking at his blistering fingers.