[23] My Peculiar Animagus Form

ÍROAS

'Where am I?' I muttered as I ran my fingers through my hair and pushed myself off the floor. I roamed my gaze around the area and realized the dimness of the place as I felt the sudden coldness rippling in my eyes.

My dreams about the jungle and the white room are still vivid in my head but the image of my Animagus form is clearer than it could ever be. I could see every single detail of the animal, from its perfectly shaped body, to the wings that are as strong as its size, and the disordered eye that reflects my own. It's all in my head.

I'm too dumbfounded by my thoughts, I hadn't immediately noticed the two figures standing by my side looking at me with a puzzled and worried face. I earnestly gave them a reassuring expression and they both released a relief sigh.

"What happened?" I asked.

"What happened? You've been out for nearly an hour. And you didn't transform to your Animagus form." Answered by my Gryffindor partner of this foolish quest.

"Uhm... is that what supposed to happen?" I asked.

"Yes Mr. Olympia, you were supposed to change. Ms. Granger here immediately transformed herself but you didn't." said my Transfiguration teacher. I then looked at my friend excitedly to know her form.

"What's yours?" I asked, and a proud smile instantly crept upon her face.

"An Otter"

I grinned, "Cool! - But mine is better." I instantly added, which made them both raise their eyebrows at me.

"Iro, you didn't transform yourself after you drink the Animagus Potion."

"Yeah! But I saw it in my head."

"Sure, you do. I saw mine too in my head. - So... what's yours?" she asked with anticipation coming along her vice.

"You're right Hermione, it's not a Pegasus!" I assured her which made her look victorious from our bet. I smirked mentally as I heard her voice in my head, 'I told you!'. I was about to give the breathtaking news but I suddenly remember what the Night Walker had told me.

"It's a panther." As soon as those words escaped from my lips, the look on Hermione's face was priceless. - 'Poor Hermione, that face won't stay for long.'

After a while, McGonagall then speaks again, "I didn't know what made you not transform but knowing that you saw your Animagus in your mind is enough for now. You two should go back to the dormitory." And signaled us to the door. We were starting to walk to leave the room when she called us back again. I glanced back at her and saw that she was smiling happily to us, and her eyes are now filled with watery gleams and started to speak,

"Ms. Granger – Mr. Olympia...you two just made me proud. Becoming the youngest witch and wizard that has ever been who successfully became an Animagi." I could feel the sincerity and happiness in her voice and it really made our lips curved into a broad smile.

The words just made my heart melt and I could now feel the drops of liquid escaping from my eyes. I ran onto her and immediately gave her a hug like a kid to his long-lost grandmother. I felt Hermione's body link to mine as she too hugged our teacher. Professor then hugged us back and potted our heads gently.

"Now – now... I didn't know the boldest and the smartest has this kind of side. You really are still an 11-year-old kid. But you have to go and rest now, it's been a long day. We'll discuss later when the two of you shall register to the ministry." We both nodded and quietly left the room. "Thank you for everything, Professor." I said and was followed by Hermione.