[9] A New Deal with Little Ms. Perfect

In the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean, a palace, as big as the city of Mount Olympus stood with its marvelous architectural design made with its pure abalone shells, pearls, and sea stones, where different fish and octopi dart swimming in and out of the windows.

Inside, in the heart of the mansion, lies a magnificent hall with cobbled floor of pearls and a throne made of coral. Next to it, stood the Immortal and Powerful Greek God of the Sea, Poseidon. Impatiently waiting for someone.

"It's about time she comes back" he anxiously muttered to himself. It's been 2 days now since the Sea God instructed one of his mer-people to check his son's condition. And as if on cue, the mermaid he trusted to do the job showed up.

"Leave us for a moment" the sea green eyed God commanded the guards. When they all left, he looked at the mermaid who was still exhausted from the journey but dared not to show it.

"What happened?" he asked.

The mermaid then bowed down her head and spoke, "My Lord, I did exactly what you instructed," with a respectful tone for the immortal.

"I arrived there before the sun had risen. I've been calling him from the lake then, but he didn't show up until afternoon, - and your suspicions are correct My Lord, the boy hadn't still regained some of his abilities." Different speculations flooded the mind of the God as he heard the news from the silver tailed creature.

"Hmmm... continue" he instructed.

"The boy did manage to stay a bit longer underwater but he still drowned at the end. – But do not worry My Lord, I managed to send his body back to the ground before anything bad happened." The mermaid quickly said for assurance.

"During my quest, I noticed that he still could not communicate to any of your people. But his connection to us is as strong as before, My Lord. He felt the urge and could sense me calling him down the lake."

In a while of silence, the mermaid stayed quiet, patiently waiting for his Lord's next words. "Very well. If that is all, thank you for your service Nerida, you can rest now. After that, you could go back to your tribe." he paused, "When you go back, watch over him. I wanted you to assist my son whenever he's in my domain, and make sure that he won't drown himself next time. As of now, the call of the ocean is dangerous for him." he finished with concern coming along in his voice.

The mermaid bowed again "As you wish My Lord." and retreated from the throne room. Poseidon then sat on his coral throne, still in his deep thought.

"If my assumptions are correct, the power he regained last August is his demigod strength." He muttered calculatedly, while narrowing his eyes and touching his chin.

"I wonder what ability he would get on his next birthday" The Immortal God excitedly thought.

Poseidon then jolted up from his throne as an idea swam through his thoughts.

"I think it's time for my son to be accompanied by his former friend."

-----------------------------

ÍROAS

The next morning, after the dog incident, there's this lingering thought about the creature in the back of my head but I couldn't manage to grasp it. Then, there's this bushy brown-haired Gryffindor girl who has been bugging me all morning for our one-on-one potion making lesson and Harry and Ron's been teasing me since that night because of that.

"Geez mate, you ready for your date with the boss?" Ron teasingly asked me. I slammed my fist on the Gryffindor table and threw sharp glares at them.