[27] Fight For A Friend

ÍROAS

I've been constantly looking at the door of the staffroom and scrutinizing the movements of the 5 people inside. Hermione and I have been hiding in the shadows for almost two hours now. She got adjusted from the temporary blindness, but I could see that she's not very comfortable with that.

I'm a bit thankful though, that she couldn't see anything right now because if she witnesses my condition, she wouldn't be too happy. Even with my night vision, my sight has started to become fuzzy and dark, continually catching my breath, and I could feel my clothes are now drenching from my sweat. My hold from the dark is a bit unstable now and I think any moment it would berserk and disappear.

'Just hold on for a moment Iro, for Harry...' I convinced myself. I'm panting now from my seat and I could feel my hands started to tremble badly. I took a deep breath to calm myself when I suddenly felt a palm touch my arm that made me flinch.

"Iro, are you okay? Your skin is so cold. I think you exhausted yourself too much." I could sense the sincerity and worriedness from her voice, but I couldn't do that. If Snape ran out from our sight, he'd be able to steal the stone and hand it to Voldemort, Harry would die that instant; I won't let that happen.

"Iro, just hold it back now. You're going to kill yourself." She protested. I shook my head even though she couldn't see me.

"You don't understand Hermione. Harry will die if..." I didn't manage to finish my sentence as I felt the sudden desperation for air. I could feel my weakening body, failing me from grasping myself and before I knew it, I fell over the floor and a pair of hands started to shake me.

"Just do it Iro." I contemplated for a moment and reluctantly, I retrieved the darkness that hid our bodies. After all my pitch-black clouds disappeared through my shadows, I let my head rest on my knees as I curled myself into a ball.

"You're so reckless Iro. What if something happens to you? You pushed your limits too hard."

"Sorry Hermione. I'm just worried about Harry, he has become restless ever since he discovered Voldemort's plan." I looked at her and I could see the sympathy and concern raging from her eyes.

"I'm fine Mione. I just need a rest." She released a heavy sigh and looked at the door of the staffroom.

"I'll keep an eye on Snape. You stay here and get some rest." I nodded at her for assurance and she gave me a warm smile before marching towards the staffroom. I took a deep breath and leaned my back against the wall for support but I sense a sudden change of movement inside the office. I looked at Hermione's direction and called her but before I could manage to give a warning, the brownish door swung open revealing a thin man with sallow skin, large and hooked nose and greasy black hair.

"And what does little Granger do here... on a day like this?" Snape dramatically asked with hints of suspicions along with the tone.

"Err... I am waiting for Professor Flitwick, sir." Hermione voices out. The potions teacher examined her before going back inside the room. A moment later, he came back with a small, old wizard with white beard.

"Ah! Ms. Granger, you wanted to talk to me?" asked the small man. I notice that Hermione just simply nodded and let out all her makeup rants about the exams but I wasn't focusing on them, instead all my attention lies on the greasy black-haired teacher who's now taking his exit quietly.

I stood up and supported myself against the wall. Slowly, I walk past my friend and my Charms Professor. I summoned all my energy to walk faster but my body is not reacting to any of my commands. I cursed under my breath in depression. I kept tracing the path where the shadow I marked earlier passed through.