[3] The Questionable Core

ÍROAS

Later that afternoon, me and my Aunt went to the busy City of London at the Leadenhall Market. As I've examined the place, I raised my eyebrow because I hadn't seen any stores that I could get my things for Hogwarts, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be here.

"Err... Where exactly are we going Aunt?" I finally voiced out. She looked at me with amusement as if enjoying my confusion and ignorance.

She smiled, "You'll see." She said. I searched around the area when we reached the Chasing Cross Roads but I still couldn't find any clue until we stopped in a pub between a bookshop and a record store, in front of us is a broken-down old shop and up above, silver words were written on a rusty board. – The Lyeak Cdonraul.

I knitted my eyebrow and said "The what!?" in a high squeaky voice. I heard the person next to me laugh and squeeze my shoulder.

"I forgot your dyslexic, It's The Leaky Cauldron." She explained, and that made my eyebrows furrowed.

"And I'll get my school supplies there." She quickly shook her head and smiled.

"No Iro, it's a way to go there. And don't be fooled by the look of this pub, it's much more magical inside." A new mood lit up inside me and excitedly walked inside the Cauldron with my Aunt holding my right arm. Inside, it was dark and shabby, with a bar and a number of tables in the shadows of the corners.

"Uhm... where exactly is magical here Aunt?" I said in a disappointed voice.

"If you look carefully, you'd notice that every person here is a witch and a wizard, but we don't have time to roam the area, we have to go now." She said and pulled me to the rear part of the pub where bricks of walls met my gaze and nothing at all.

That's when my anticipation started. After tapping the bricks three times, it started to move itself and created a hole in the middle until it became large enough for us to be an archway. Revealing a market-like place with unusual types of restaurants, shops, and other sights. And there are weird people wearing something that looks like a bathrobe, but I just ignored the last part.

"Oh My Gods! – This is so freaking awesome!!!" I mumbled, almost jumping in my place out of excitement.

"Okay play it cool Iro! – Wooh! – just be cool." I told myself, and hid my excitement immediately and wore my 'this is nothing new to me' look.

"Shocks!" I noticed Aunt Figg grinned at my expression "Welcome Iro" she said dramatically, "to Diagon Alley"

We went first to Gringotts which according to my Aunt is the Bank and my anticipation is still hiding behind my 'I don't care' sassy look. Walking to our destination, I noticed that there are some girls looking at me, giggling, some have red marks in their cheeks.

"Weird," I muttered to myself, ignoring them.

We stepped into Gringotts and saw short, fair-skinned, domed shape heads and long finger creatures. Shiver engrossed through my spines as I looked at them skeptically. – The moment I saw them, as if out of reflex, my right hand flew straight into my pocket looking for something, but wasn't there. – Aunt Figg regarded them as Goblins, Guardians of Gringotts.

I took out a heavy breath and just ignored the creatures, we went to another silver door where there were words engraved upon which I hadn't given much attention. Inside, hundreds more goblins await. We walk at the goblin in the counter. After greetings and introductions, my Aunt handed a piece of folded parchment to the creature.