[6] The Constellation and the Thing in the Pocket

HARRY

After the insufferable feast with a gloomy childhood friend, my first day in Hogwarts was filled with worrisome feelings instead of excitement and joy like how people are supposed to feel. Currently, me and the rest of first year Gryffindors are soaring the path towards our dormitories and are assisted by the Gryffindor prefect, Percy Weasley, Ron's third brother.

We halted in front of a portrait of a Fat Lady wearing a pink silk dress and just like how the other portrait, the image is moving and talking.

She looked at us with a guarded and protective expression and said, "Password?" in a threatening sort of tone.

"Caput Draconis," answered by the prefect. The lady nodded humbly and the portrait itself swung open revealing an archway. As we got inside, Percy started informing us about something but I didn't find the energy to listen and just examined my childhood friend who's now in the middle of the crowd obviously hiding from me.

Someone tap my shoulder and ask, "What's wrong with Iro?" with concern staining his voice. I looked at Ron and just gave him an unknowingly smile.

"I wish I knew," I began, "He's been like that ever since the sorting."

We were about to go upstairs to our designated room when a hand pulled me and Ron to the corner.

"What happened to your friend?" Hermione blatantly asked. I shook my head and released a heavy sigh. I told her and Ron about my speculations and about what the hat had told me about Iro being a mystery.

"Well clearly, it's something serious." she blurted out after I told them everything I know, "You two better ask him, I think it's bad."

"You don't need to tell us that Hermione – we know, you don't need to boss us." Ron said irritated, earning a sigh from Hermione.

Later on, Ron and I went up to our room. Iro, Neville, Dean, and Seamus are already sleeping on their respective beds, but Iro's obviously faking it. Our belongings are already here just like they said. Iro's bed is just beside the window and mine's next to him followed by Ron.

I stayed my gaze to the back of my friend and took a deep breath while massaging my pricking scar. "I guess I'll just ask Iro tomorrow." I noted to myself.

I decided to stay up for a moment, absorbing all that happened today. – "I almost got myself sorted to Slytherin. Voldemort's former house." – I really had a long day today. I exhaled exhaustively and settled myself to my bed. I notice Ron is now fast asleep. I forgot to warn my four other roommates to not panic if they are greeted by a crying Iro the next morning.

---------------------------------

ÍROAS

Ever since the sorting, my thoughts had clouded my vision and tried my best to not show my down expression to my friends. – "I wish they didn't notice my mood." – After an hour or so, sleep never visited me. I decided to stand up and went to the window. I notice everyone is now fast asleep. I looked through the open window and examined the blue night sky. When I saw the constellation that has the shape of a girl with a bow on her back, a sorrowed smile stained my pale skin face.

"Hey Zoë..." I mumbled, still smiling gloomily "The sorting hat had said something about me, but I don't really understand anything he said. So... here I am, looking so stupid, letting Harry and the others worry." I whispered, not wanting to wake the others. The constellation shimmered back as if giving me a hard round of scolding.