ManUtd Women: Lucy Staniforth Joins The Red Devils

10/07/2020

Manchester United completed the signing of 27 year old Lucy Staniforth from Birmingham City. Lucy penned a 2 year deal that will keep at the club until the 2021-22 season.

"I'm really happy to have signed for Manchester United; it's the biggest club in the world and I'm so proud to be a part of it. I've been impressed with the performances from last season and the club's future ambitions. I wanted to come here to win trophies and make history with this club, and I'm just excited to get started," said Lucy in her interview with MUTV.

"She is a fantastic player who will add great depth to the strong midfield department we have built at the club. Lucy has so much experience in the women's game, having made her senior debut at 16 years old, and I know she can use that experience for us both on and off the pitch. We're really looking forward to working with her ahead of the new season," said manager Casey Stoney who was thrilled with the new signing.

The midfielder joined the Red Devils following the conclusion of her contract at Birmingham City Women. Lucy has amassed 108 appearances at the club level scoring 29 times and bagging 15 assists. She also has 16 caps and 2 goals for the English national team.