Sancho Alternatives

13/08/2020

The Jadon Sancho transfer saga appears to have come to a standstill. Few things that have been confirmed is that the player has agreed personal terms with Unite and was willing to make a move. The €120 million valuation of Dortmund has United frustrated, while the slow process has United fans frustrated. Dortmund boss Michael Zorc has confirmed that Sancho will stay to at the club after claiming to have ‘extended’ his contract until 2023.

The addition of Sancho would definitely take Manchester United’s attacking threat to another level but he doesn’t necessarily make us a title challenging team. For that we would need another 2-3 signings to become serious contenders.

I’ve lined up 3 alternatives plus a look at 3 Championship options if the Jadon Sancho’s move doesn’t materialize and how they could help Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first team.

1.Gareth Bale [31, Real Madrid]
In my eyes the Welshman makes the perfect fit. A one year loan deal with no obligation to buy would do United no harm. Real Madrid have been trying to get him off their books but there are very few clubs that can match his wages. Having Bale for one year could help us pursue Sancho once again in 2021. Bale can be rotated with Mason Greenwood on the right-wing giving the youngster enough game time and room to develop. Bale’s still the same player despite the negative media around him but he sure has lost some of his pace due to injuries. The only downside to this signing is that Bale’s injury prone and missing out large sums of the season could make us lose momentum.

2.Marcel Sabitzer [26, RB Leipzig]
Another player that I really like and has had a fantastic season. Sabitzer has shined but hasn’t quite gained the attention that I thought he would. Now, with Timo Werner gone, the Austrian will be key to Leipzig’s Champions League run and their future plans too. Sabitzer has 16 goals and 10 assists this season. He’s versatile and can play as a central midfielder. If United had to snap Grealish as well then I believe the Red Devils will have good depth in the team in Grealish and Sabitzer. Greenwood or Sabitzer on the right-wing or the Austrian playing in the middle along with Pogba and Bruno would be devastating. Sabitzer is good at pressing and that would really help as according to Ole Lingard is the best player we’ve got when it comes to pressing. Other good aspects of Marcel’s Sabitzer’s game is his ability to pick accurate passes, something that we direly need and he boasts great vision too.

3.Federico Chiesa [22, Fiorentina]
Maybe the Italian should be at number 2 on the list and this is a name that has already been linked with the club. The 22 year-old has 11 goals and 9 assists this season in Italy. Signing Federico Chiesa would eliminate the possibility of United signing Sancho but at least he would last longer that recently linked Ousmane Dembele. Chiesa is someone who can dribble and exploit spaces with his pace. His pace could make United’s front three extremely dangerous on the counter. Chiesa also thrives under pressure but needs to improve on his decision making.

4.Ducking into the Championship
Ismaila Sarr [22, Watford], David Brooks [23, Bournemouth], Emiliano Buendia [23, Norwich City]
Three players that could be signed on the cheap but don’t exactly make us title contenders. Sarr will be known to be the one who made Liverpool taste their first defeat of the season in the Premier League and is a player who has potential that is waiting to be unlocked. David Brooks has already been linked to United on several occasions. The Welshman had his season affected by an injury but he scored on his return Vs Manchester City. Buendia is probably the one I like the most from these three due to the amount of chances he creates. The Argentine was second to creating the most number of chances in the Premier League to Kevin de Bruyne.

Stretford End: United And Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें