Ivana Fuso Is A Red

14/07/2020

Manchester United completed the signing of Germany U19 captain, Ivana Fuso. She joins following the conclusion of her contract at Basel and has signed a two-year deal with an option to extend  for a further year.

“I’m so happy to be here, it’s a dream to sign for a club like Manchester United. Casey is a great coach and I’m looking forward to working with her and the staff, as well as meeting my new team-mates. It will be my first time playing in England, the league is very competitive and I know that being a part of this team will help me develop further as a player. I’m ready to start training and really put the hard work in ahead of the new season,” said Ivana.

The 19 year old is a versatile player and can play as a forward and in midfield. Her previous clubs include Basel and SC Freiberg. She also has represented Germany at the U17 AND U19 level and has a lot of years ahead of her to fulfill her potential.

“Ivana is a talented young attacking player with a lot of potential and I’m delighted she has signed for the club. She is an intelligent player who is fantastic in possession and will add so much to our attacking play. I’ve also been impressed with the leadership skills she possesses at such a young age and I know she will fit in well with the squad. I’d like to welcome Ivana to the team; we are all looking forward to working with her,” Casey Stoney told in the clubs official website.

Ivana Fuso becomes United’s third signing of the season after Lucy Staniforth and Ona Batlle who was announced yesterday by the club. The Red Devils have also begun their preparations for the new season as a few training pictures emerged on the clubs socials.