2024! Brandon Williams Signs New Contract

04/08/2020

Brandon Williams impressive performances in his breakthrough season has seen Manchester United reward the 19 year old with a new deal. The club has extended his contract until June 2024, with the option to extend a further year.

“Signing this contract is another really proud moment for myself and my family. Having been at Manchester United since I was seven years old, it’s genuinely a dream come true to be playing in the first team. It has taken a huge amount of hard work to reach this point and it has been really special for me to break through into the squad,” said Williams.

Brandon has put on a shift every time he put on the United shirt and gave Luke Shaw a serious competition. He isn’t afraid to go up against big players or big teams.

“I’ve learned a lot throughout the season from the manager, his coaching staff and my team-mates and I want to repay the trust that they have all shown in me. I know that everyone at the club is working really hard every day to achieve success in the coming years and I am really excited to be a part of that,” he continued.

“Brandon has had an excellent first season, so we are delighted that he has signed a new contract. This new deal is a real testament to his hard work and the progress that he has made since his debut. Brandon never looked back after stepping up from the Academy and, having come all the way through the system, he understands what it means to play for Manchester United,” Solskjaer said.

“He has all of the attributes required to be a member of this exciting young squad. He will continue to learn every day in training and we look forward to watching him develop over the coming seasons.”

The right-back has racked up 33 appearances for the Red Devils, scoring once and bagging two assists. His most memorable moment of the season will definitely be his splendid goal Vs Sheffield United.

The U20 England international will only grow under Solskjaer and could potentially win the Europa League in his first season. He is expected to start in United’s second leg Vs LASK in the Round of 16 in the Europa League.