18

Author

Baek kyung was shocked and happy at the same time . His eyes welled up with tears when 'Dad' slipped off her lips. It's been years since she last called him dad or even talked to him.

'Gem ' he quietly said . Gem that's what he called her because she always made him proud and wherever he went people would compliment her and appreciate her .

'Can I talk to you ?' She politely asked . Her grip on the her slip bag tightening second by second feeling nervous that he'll decline her.

' Of course ' he said and looked at Mr. Kim.

'Seok Jin cancel my appointments for today, I 'll be busy ' he said and Kim excused him self.

'have a seat ' he advised she did as told and mumbled a little thank you.

' I want to say something ' she quietly said looking down in her lap .

'Please say ' he said. ' I am sorry ' she whispered as her vision started to blurry and tears started rolling down , she quietly sobbed as she felt her father stood up and come by her side ,engulfing her in a hug .

' I am so sorry ' she kept whispering while soft sobs came from her as she cried.

'Shhhh ' he said as the moment flashed back when her mom was continuously apologising and calmed her down . Kai went on him as she went on her mom .She had the same eyes as her mom and the same hair.

' I am the worst daughter in this entire world ' she said as he took his handkerchief and slowly wiped her tears.

'No no ...... your the best daughter in this entire world don't say that ' he said and she shook her head.

'No I am not ,without knowing what actually happened I accused you for everything and distanced myself from you I gave you a cold shoulder and a hard time i did nothing to make you proud ' she said looking into his eyes.

' I actually deserve the cold shoulder and hard time because I am the reason why you suffered depression and anxiety till now and I broke your mom's promise I am a bad father ' he said as they held each other's hand .

' Dad ... what happened that day ? ' she said , more tears threatening to shed. He took breath as began speaking.

' Gem it all happened when I was at office like any other day . I had a new secretary working for me as the that worked before wanted a leave. It was her first day at work in the interview she acted like an innocent person but when she entered my office she looked like a complete slut .

I was coming back to my office after the meetings and I got a message from your mom that she was on the main reception. I told her to come upstairs.

I was in my office working on an important project when that slut entered my office and started disturbing me . I was about to call for the security when she sat on my lap saying it was an 'accident ' that very moment your mom walked in an misunderstood.

She was crying and shouting at me as I tried to calm her down, hopefully she gave me a chance to explain my self and told me to prove her that I was right. I called up for the CCTV and showed her the evidence.

But while she was shouting and I tried to calm her down you walked in and we kept it to ourselves and told you to go to your room. Your mom was really guilty but I told her to leave the past and move on .

We went for a walk on the Main Street. I didn't see a car coming you mom did she pushed me away and ....... died. Your mom 's death wasn't an sucide but an accident. The person who killed you mom was that slutty secretary that is still rotting in jail right now. ' he looked down wiping his tears remembering his wife .

She was silent. Her voice was stuck in her throat unable to speak because of guilt but then she asked.

'Why didn't you tell me the truth before ?'

' it could have affected your mental health ' he answered.

'How did you know I had depression and anxiety dad ?' She asked.

'Your brother told me , since I couldn't take care of you , your brother did that for me ' he said.

She looked at her feet and suddenly sighed.

'Dad can we please leave the past behind us and move on ' she asked .

' yes gem , of course and I am really sorry that I told Jimin to change you ' he said and a smile made its way up to her lips.

'Dad thank you for bringing Jimin in my life ... I love him ' she said and her father looked at her in shock .

' really?' He asked and she nodded.

' we love each other and we are dating ' she said and he smiled.

' well yes he is certainly a nice guy and if you're happy with him , I don't mind '

_

' please come home early ' she said as she got up .

' I will and be careful on the way home . ' he said and hugged her daughter.

' yeah . Kai is coming to pick me up I have to go home and study ' she said and he nodded.

' always into books , why don't you go out with your brother today around the city , it been long since you came back ' he advised.

' hmm , I 'll go see you later dad ' she said as she left the office.

'Bye gem '

_

'So you spied on me for dad ' she asked as he pouted.

' it's more like ' took care ' of you , Ok I mean I should be the one to win the world's best brother pageant ' Kai cockily said.

'Even if you don't win the pageant, you 'll still be the world's best brother for me ' she said and smiled.

'Thanks chip now call jealous ball he literally call 100 times asking for you ' he said and rolled his eyes.

'Jealous ball ? Jimin ? ' she asked and he nodded.

Few hours later ... Night

After spending time with her brother they came home and had dinner with their dad like one happy family .

' Good night dad , good night Kai ' she wished and wished back.

Entering her room she called him as she wanted to tell him everything , each and every detail.

Dialing his number, he immediately picked up making her smile.

-hello baby *whispering *

-why are you whispering ?

-because I want to , how's my baby ?

-I am really happy jiminah , I talked to him after so many years and got to know the truth. I am so happy Because I finally feel weight being lifted off my chest .

- that's great , I am happy too.

- where are you ?

- inside your room

- in my penthouse?

-No . Turn around.

- stop joking Jiminah there's no way you can be here *turns around and frozes*

' Hello baby '