Gratitude Part II

The next morning, everyone heads for school. Jackson stops to pick up Natasha on the way. Taciana is driving her new car, following closely, with Warrick just behind. The teenagers turn on the radio, listening to the newest hit song, Fling it Like a Furry. All of them are singing along, windows down, as the cars pull into the school's parking lot.
Natasha: "Well that was fast."
Jackson: "We beat the heavier traffic and that's what matters, Tasha."
Natasha: "Okay, I am gonna head inside for class even though no one is there. It is best to maintain my perfect attendance record."
Jackson: "That's the spirit. Let me lock the car."
Natasha: "So, I wanted to ask you something. I wanted to know if you were ready to change your mind about dating Taciana and choose me as your new number one choice?"
Jackson: "Natasha, you probably didn't overhear this, but my loyalty and faithfulness is to Taciana. I'm sorry."
Natasha: "I understand."
Jackson: "You do?"
Natasha: "My Dad taught me that loyalty and faithfulness come first in a relationship with the one you care about the most."
Jackson: "My former family from way before gave me the same advice many years ago. We're still good though, right? Friends?"
Natasha: "Of course. Always."
Warrick: "Alright, everybody. Let us get this day over with."
Renet: "Why the sour mood?"
Warrick: "I'm sour because it is Monday."
Renet: "Don't be pouty, War."
Warrick: "Who wouldn't be down on a Monday?"
Renet: "I'm not feeling down at all, bae."
Warrick: "How are you not?"
Renet: "I have you and you have me."
Ramona: "Let's go sisters. We have a lot to do and a lot to learn."
Walking into the school, they notice a few new furries who were waiting by the classrooms.
Tawny: "Who are those new guys?"
Ramona: "It's probably their first day. I would not bother talking to them now, we can meet them at lunch if they come over. That way we aren't late for class."
Serena: "One of them is watching me, Ramona."
Ramona: "Ignore him. We need to get to class on time."
Kumal: "Dude, I know it is our first day and all, but this school has some fine-looking ladies."
Mitchell: "Are you talking about those three rabbit furries?"
Kumal: "Well yeah. I don't mind the interspecies thing at all. Do you?"
Mitchell: "I got no problem with it at all, but our crew might not like the fact that we are trying to date rich girls."
Kumal: "How do you know they're rich?"
Mitchell: "The shiny bracelets and clothes they have on them."
Kumal: "We are both foxes and I have seen fox furries date rabbit furries before."
Mitchell: "Just hold off on that until the boss makes his decision on how things will go here, understand?"
Kumal: "Understood."
The students all take their seats. During morning announcements, they all cheer when the principal comes over the loudspeaker and congratulated them on the Flats for Furries project.
Principal: "And I'd especially like to thank you all for persevering when someone vandalized the homes. A special thank you also to our one formerly human student, Jackson, for his role in motivating us all and encouraging his classmates to finish the project, despite setbacks. Jackson, you are a true furry and a credit to your host family."
Students: "Three cheers for Jackson!"
Jackson: "Aw, just doing my part, everyone."
Taciana: "That's my furry man!"
..........7 hours and 30 minutes later..........
Jackson: "Well once again, classes are completely set up to test us, my Tacci."
Taciana: "You shouldn't be worried, baby."
Jackson: "Hehe, I guess that's just the small part of me I can't help."
Taciana: "I can help you, Jacky. We can go over all the homework you want tonight, okay?"
Jackson: "Thanks, Tacci."
Taciana: "I will wait for you when you come home."
The two trade kisses, then she winks and walks to her new car on the right side of the parking lot. They drive home, waving to each other at the traffic lights. After they grab a snack, they sit in the living room with their textbooks and notes.
Jackson: "Okay, so this is the one problem where we have to divide mass by volume?"
Taciana: "You are close, Jacky, but it's only the formula. First, we have to find the amounts that are given in the problem and we use that to our advantage to solve it."
Jackson: "Oh, okay I got it now."
Taciana: "What did you get for the answer?"
Jackson: "The result I came to was 0.26 for the density."
Taciana: "I got the same answer."
Taciana: "Great job, Jacky, we have completed the physics assignment for next week."
Jackson: "Yeah and it's only 7:00pm."
Taciana: "Yup, that means more downtime. Hehehe."
Jackson: "I am going to go see an action film at the theater. Want to come?"
Taciana: "I can't, you go ahead. But first... Mmmwwah. There, a kiss. Now you can go."
Jackson: "Thank you, Taciana."
Taciana: "Have fun, babe."
Warrick: "Action film? Can I join?"
Jackson: "Sure, man! Let's go!"
.........25 minutes later........
Jackson and Warrick choose the closest parking spot to the front of the theater. There they see a group of friends from school.
Jackson: "There are no parking meters?"
Warrick: "No, they got torn out by the original furries who redesigned Glassbec."
Jackson: "Why?"
Warrick: "They had no real purpose as the town already makes more than enough money."
Jackson: "No toll fees for cars either, huh?"
Warrick: "There aren't as many, but there are a few on the way to the cities."
Jackson: "I never liked them back when I was human because they would cause a major traffic buildup on certain roads."
Warrick: "Don't worry, we have way more toll-free routes to use, Jackson."
Jackson: "So, what movie do you wanna watch? I was going to pick one of these action flicks. There's some good ones showing."
Warrick: "How about the Thundering Liger?"
Jackson: "That looks awesome! You have a good eye for films."
Warrick: "Follow me. Let's go buy automated tickets."
Jackson: "Wow, thirteen dollars and twenty-five cents per adult?"
Warrick: "That's not so bad. It was actually twenty-eight dollars and fifty cents last year, but they changed it to get more people in here."
Jackson: "This night just gets better. I hope the snacks are good too."
He inserts his debit card and chooses to pay with the credit option for two tickets.
Jackson: "I'll get us some sodas. Movies and popcorn always make me thirsty."
Concessions Seller: "Anything else for you two?"
Warrick: "That's it! Showtime! Let's go, Jackson. Follow me. You got the tickets?"
Jackson: "Yes. Let me get them out of my pocket."
Ticket Handler: "Welcome."
Jackson: "We have two tickets for the Thundering Liger film, good sir."
Ticket Handler: "Theater nine on your left. Enjoy the show, folks."
........2 hours and 30 minutes later........
Jackson and Warrick are walking out of the theater when they see Tobias and Abby walk out. They stop to say hello.
Tobias: "How did you like the movie?"
Jackson: "It was fantastic."
Abby: "That movie really spoke to me."
Jackson: "How so?"
Abby: "Well, the hero, Thundering Liger, always came to the rescue of the beautiful lioness Antoinette every time she was trapped."
Warrick: "Yeah, and what hero he was! Made me think of Jackson, here."
Jackson: "Well guys, we got to go. See you in school tomorrow!"
Warrick and Jackson drive home. Jackson plans to practice a few moves from the movie. You never know when they will come in handy, he thinks.