7

Kitty's p.o.v

"I can't believe I let you convince me to do this." Chris grinned and brought my hand that was in his to his lips.

"I'm so glad I was able to. Aren't you glad Mommy is letting me bring you guys to Cali Jay babe?"

"Yeah!" She squealed from where she sat on his shoulders, wiggling around in excitement. I was more than a little nervous, for several reasons. One, this would be Jaylee's first time on a plane and the pressure is probably going to hurt her ears. Two, Chris could be recognized at any moment and I know everyone will be asking who the kid is, not to mention the fact that our fingers are locked together and have been the entire time we've been in the airport.

"Stop worrying Kitty, everything is going to be fine." Chris whispered in my ear, kissing the shell of it once he'd said his piece. Ever since the kiss in the park, our friendship has been slowly evolving into more. We were being very careful to keep it under wraps, and we tried not to be too affectionate around Jay so she wouldn't start asking questions. Goodbye and hello kisses were stolen though whenever he came around, as well as random ones when nobody was looking. I blushed slightly thinking about how I'm pretty sure ninety percent of our 'date' last week was spent with our lips attached to each other's.

We boarded the plane no problem, finding our seats as quickly as possible to avoid Chris being recognized, and got settled down for the five and a half hour flight. I'd basically dehydrated Jaylee this morning so that when we took off I'd be able to convince her to drink her juice, that being one of the only ways I knew of to keep her ears from hurting. Because she was so little, we decided to just keep her in our laps and not get her a seat, so Chris was by the window and I was in the middle praying we wouldn't get a grumpy old man or something in the seat next to me.

"Are you going to be okay?" I looked at Chris confused, not sure why he was asking me.

"What do you mean?"

"You have sensitive ears, are they going to be okay? Do you want me to try to find you some gum or something?" Is this guy even real? No one is this genuine and looks like him, it just doesn't happen. He's dangerously close to perfect.

"I'll be okay boss, don't worry about it." He gave me a half smile and placed his hand on my thigh.

"I still don't know why you call me that." I giggled, patting his hand then lacing our fingers with my hand on top of his.

"Babe or baby is overrated, besides, I like boss. It alludes to Boston while also being fun and affectionate. Don't hate on my nickname." He shook his head in amusement, holding any further comment until we were in the air so I could focus on Jaylee. Much to my pleasure, she didn't seem to have any issues and drank the juice the entire time we were getting into the air.

"Can I call you toots?" 

"Oh my god." I could not stop laughing. "You sound like a 1920s gangster."

"That's what it sounds like when you call me boss! I figured I'd just roll with it, go all out. Whaddya say toots?" A sound close to a squeal escaped my throat when he laid his Boston accent on thick to say that phrase, the lady that took the seat next to me giving me a funny look. "You're so adorable."

"I'm adorable? You're the one over here calling me toots and doing a gangster accent, which is amazing by the way." I buried my face in his shoulder so he couldn't see my red cheeks, surprised that Jaylee wasn't intervening yet. Usually when I got close with Chris she'd intercept, wanting him all to herself.

"It's what I do... toots." 

The rest of the plane ride went quickly, all three of us ended up taking a nap. We were able to lift the arm rest from in between us, and Chris had me snuggle into him while Jaylee laid on top of both of us. I was really surprised it worked to be honest. Once we had our bags and everything, Chris walked us to his car, loading the bags while I put the car seat in. When it was situated I turned around to grab Jaylee only to find she was not there.