11

Kitty's p.o.v

Unknown- Heard ur still here meet up?

Unknown- U know I'll show u a good time😉

Unknown- Damn just realized who ur with u rly do like em older don't u slut

Unknown- Tired of his limp dick yet?

Unknown- Start answering or I'm gonna start poking around in places I shouldn't 

Unknown- U know I'll do it kit kat don't be more stupid than u r

Unknown- I never got the chance to get custody rights for my kid... maybe I should start looking into that

Kit Kat- Leave me the hell alone Cason! I'm done with your games, I have been for three and a half years.

"Block his ass Kitty, this is getting ridiculous." Chris had basically confiscated my phone since Cason had brought his name into this, a constant state of irritation surrounding him.

"I know it is, but technically he still can claim Jaylee." I had lost a lot of sleep in the past days over this issue, everything pointing toward him being able to get involved in her life now if he really wanted that.

"Why on earth would he be able to?"

"She doesn't have a father, and if he takes it to court they're going to take a paternity test proving he's her biological father." Chris nibbled on his bottom lip before pulling me into his lap and looking me in the eye.

"What if... what if I adopted her? Signed all the legal documents to become her father so he can't swoop in." My mind went blank at his suggestion. What if somewhere down the road we had a falling out, I have purposely kept men out of my daughter's life to avoid custody battles. If I sign partial custody to Chris...

"I-I don't know if I can do that." I climbed off his lap, moving to the opposite side of the room to create some space.

"I know it's scary, but is it anymore scary then your jackass of an ex gaining rights? Who out of the two of us is more likely to stay faithful? Who's least likely to abuse their custody agreements? Who would you rather her spending time with? Cason gets rights, you can't stop him from spending alone time with her. Do you really want that?" A panic attack started to rise up in my chest. I felt trapped and pressured. Why could nothing ever be simple? Why did something always have to come crashing down around me?

"I need to think about it."

"We don't have time to think about it toots-"

"I don't give a damn Christopher, I'm not going to be forced into this! I've only known you for like four months, what makes you think I'd be comfortable just handing custody of my daughter over to you? As far as I'm concerned you're practically a stranger still!" I stormed out of the room, realizing as I walked down the street that I'd just left my daughter in Chris' care despite that little outburst.

In the back of my mind I knew that everything Chris was saying was relevant and true. I'd even go as far as to say I might not be opposed to Chris getting partial custody, Jaylee and I consider him her father now anyway. Those what ifs just killed my mind though. I was so wrapped up, I didn't hear the footsteps following me. I didn't feel the presence lurking behind me, and I might not have ever realized if I hadn't decided to abruptly take a turn throwing them for a loop.

"Who's there? Why are you following me?" A dark chuckle emitted from the shadows, a tall figure emerging from them.

"I thought I'd ask if there was trouble in paradise, you look pretty distraught."