18

Kitty's p.o.v

Silence- the complete absence of sound, see also the avoidance of mentioning or discussing something

The second definition would probably be a more apt description of the current situation, but even the deafening silence wasn't enough to take away those two little words that hung in the air. I'm pregnant. For the second time, with someone else's child. I thought we'd been careful, little person here obviously said otherwise though.

"Please say something." I'd rather have him scream at me than to look at me how he is now. I have never once not been able to decipher what Chris was thinking. He was a very emotional guy, he wore his big, loving heart on his sleeve always, which I think is part of the reason he's such an amazing actor. With that being said, an actor also has to conceal their emotions, and god was he good at that too. "Are you mad?"

"How could I be mad? That's my kid, if I'm mad about anything it's that you didn't tell me. Have I already missed things? Have you gone to the first appointment? I want to be there through all of it, but we're running into the same problem of you shutting me out and keeping everything close to your chest. You can't do that anymore Kitty, this is my baby too. We have to be in this together or it'll all fall apart." 

I knew he was right. I knew deep down in my soul that he was right, but it didn't stop me from doubting. He was already doing better than the last guy, he hadn't told me that I was a disgusting whore, he also hadn't kicked me out of his house. Now that I think about it though that'd be pretty damn hard since we're at my house. Jesus Kitty, pull yourself together.

"I haven't been to any appointments yet, only the one to determine for sure that I was pregnant. I was always going to tell you before the first appointment, I swear on my life that I was, I'm just a cowardly bitch who couldn't spit it out. I'm sorry, I really, truly am, but I think you're right, if we're going to do this right we have to get our shit together now."

"You are not staying in this apartment while you carry my child. There is no fucking telling what's growing in this shithole." Even though he was being completely serious my only response was to laugh. A full-on, fall- backwards-clutching-my-stomach laugh. It was only logical that Chris would join in shortly after with his unique, gorgeous laugh that you could practically hear the Boston accent in. "I'm being serious toots."

"I know! I really do, I just... this place really is a piece of shit isn't it?" When our laughter died down I realized how close we'd gotten. I reached over to stroke his cheek with my thumb, letting my pointer finger trace over his lips. "I've missed you, so much."

"I've missed you too sweetheart. Let's not ever do this 'not talk to each other' thing again, what do you say?" I leaned in and pecked his lips softly.

"That sounds wonderful." We laid in each other's arms for what felt like eternity, because here, lying in this bed, wrapped in one another's arms, nothing could touch us. Not the world, not the unrealistic expectations of what would happen between us when we left, not the crushing weight of the fact we were having a child together, not anything. And man was it nice to feel that way, even if just for a moment. That moment, to me, was infinite. 

~~~~

"I'm gonna be an aunt of two! What are you going to name her? Or him! You guys are gonna be so cute raising your baby! I know Jay is your baby too, but this one Chris will get to hold, and cry over because he saw the ultrasound for the first time, and-"

"Chelse! Calm down, please, you're making my anxiety sky rocket."

"Oh! I'm so sorry! You don't need to be anxious in the slightest right now, not in your condition-"