8

Kitty's p.o.v

"Another article? You should really stop reading those." Chelsea berated as she read over my shoulder.

"How can I not Chelse?" She grabbed the phone out of my hand and stuck it in her pocket.

"Just like that. Get off of social media for a while. I know it's hard, but reading all of this stuff isn't healthy." I knew she was right, all this stuff had already taken a toll on my mental health, but there were so many stories it was hard not to read them. It was addicting to read about yourself, to see what they got right and wrong, the things you didn't know anyone else knew.

My arrest record was one of the first things to come to light, luckily though, Chris was there to help me get through it. Right now, he was back in LA to work on his next project, and I think both Jay and I were feeling the loss. My normally chill little girl was throwing fits and being difficult ever since the third day of him being gone hit. We FaceTimed him every night, both of their faces lighting up when they saw each other, but it just wasn't the same.

"Where's Lee?"

"She's finally taking a nap, she must've screamed enough to wear herself out." I gave Chelsea an apologetic smile, thankful she was here to help me with that hot mess taking a nap. "When is Chris getting back?"

"Not for another week." She groaned, flopping onto the couch.

"I don't think I can stand another week of this, can you please fly over there to see him or something?"

"No, I can't afford it. Plus I just got back from vacation, I can't put them out a teacher again this soon. We'll figure it out, we have to. She can't be doing this every time he goes out of town, the more work he gets the more he'll be gone." Chelsea nodded, knowing I was right.

"You going to the store? Or do you want me to?"

"I'll go, maybe getting Jay out of the house will help." She shrugged, nodding in agreement. At this point I think we were willing to try anything.

When Jaylee woke up from her nap, I got her dressed and ready to go, her mood already a little better when I told her we were leaving the house. I'd been trying to keep her inside as much as possible since the paparazzi were lurking around almost constantly. Luckily this time they weren't around, so I was able to get to the store easily. 

Jay was on her best behavior the entire time we were at the store, only getting a little upset when I told her she couldn't get the toy she wanted, but even then she didn't make a huge deal over it. The lady at the checkout paid her many compliments, the ringing up of items taking way longer because she was so enamored with my daughter. She's adorable, I know, let's move on.

My luck ran out apparently, seeing as when I pulled into my apartment's parking lot a sea of paps was awaiting me. I texted Chelsea to tell her I was here so she could help me with the groceries and I could get Jay. It took twice as long as it should've due to all of the people in our way, the shouting and flashing lights giving me a headache. I was relieved when we'd gotten all the groceries inside and I was able to slam the door behind me for good.

"Mommy." Jaylee was balling her eyes out, just like she did every time we got stuck in a paparazzi crowd like that. I picked her up to try to calm her, not knowing what to do since Chris was usually the one to calm her down after this. "I want Cis."

"I know baby, but he can't come right now." She sobbed harder, each one breaking my heart a little more.

"I miss him." Tears began to well in my own eyes, a heavy sigh escaping me.

"I miss him too baby." She wiggled out of my arms, crossing her own across her chest and giving me a very agitated look.

"I want my Cis."