19

Chris' p.o.v

"Excuse me! Can you all just back up a little bit please?" I asked politely (but firmly) as I tried to wiggle my way through the encroaching crowd of reporters. There were so many of them that I'd gotten separated from Jaylee and Kitty and I wasn't of fan of that. In fact, I could feel the anxiety rising the longer I was split from them. "Can you please just take a couple steps back? I need-" I was cut off by the sound of Jay's shrill scream, and any composure I had left as I pushed and shoved to get to my girls.

Paps scattered when they realized I wasn't slowing down, Dodger picked up his speed so he could keep up with me, and my eyes frantically searched the crowd as my heart clenched painfully in my chest. It took a few minutes for me to find them since Jaylee is so short and Kitty was on the ground... wait, why is Kitty on the ground? Shit. My already fast pace picked up even more so that I was nearly sprinting toward her.

"Back the hell up! Get out of her face! Get the fuck away from her!" I screamed at the people surrounding her, dropping to my knees next to her so I could get a better look as to what was going on. Jaylee launched herself into my arms, her small body shaking in fear at the sight of her unconscious mother. I held her head to my chest, checking for injuries on Kitty's head with my unoccupied hand. A large pit grew in my stomach when I felt a warm liquid on my fingers. Blood.

"Is she okay Chris?"

"Chris is that your daughter?"

"Chris whose dog is that? Are you and Katherine still together?"

"Rumor has it that Katherine moved out, do you care to comment?"

I ignored all of the questions and began gathering everything so I could get to my car and drive Kitty to a hospital. It was proving to be a difficult task since I not only had a fully grown unconscious female to worry about, but also a hysterical three year old, two dogs, and two different bags of stuff. All this could probably be achieved with moderate ease had it not been for the huge crowd that I had to push my way through. What the hell was wrong with these people? Couldn't they see she was hurt?

"Chris! Chris! Let me help you!" I turned at the sound of a very familiar and most definitely welcome voice. He pushed his way to me, stopping to look at the jumbled mess that was everything I was supporting, the volume of the crowd increasing exponentially at the sight of him and I together. "What do you need me to get?" He asked hastily, tuning out the questions just like I was.

"Um, maybe the dogs and the bags? If you can manage. I don't think Jay will go to you, and I'd feel better carrying Kitty, no offense."

"None taken. I can do that, we just have to figure out how to maneuver your stuff so you don't drop anything. Namely the girls." We carefully worked the dog leashes off my arms, Jay's bag off my back, and Kitty's bag off my shoulder so that I just had Kitty bridal style in my arms with Jaylee holding onto my shirt for dear life. I wished I could pick her up, I knew she was terrified right now, but I couldn't think of a way to carry both her and her mother.

The four of us slowly made our way to the car, my anger threatening to boil out at those selfish bastards back there. If I couldn't find a way to calm down, I was going to have to be held back from marching over there and giving them a piece of my mind. Publicity be damned, I'd deal with it later, my girls didn't deserve this. They deserve so much better.

"Where do you want the bags?" I popped the trunk and pointed towards it, opening the back seat door so Jay could climb into her seat while I put Kitty in the front. "Dogs?"

"Just let them hop in the back there too." I gently buckled Kitty in and jogged to Lee to do the same for her.

"Daddy, who dat?" Sebastian was giving her a big smile, and it was only then that I realized he doesn't live here.