17

Jeno stopped on his track

Jeno stopped on his track. His hand stop at the handle.

"I hope you are happy with Vernon hyung, noona. I'm sorry for bringing this issue up. How inconsiderate of me to hurt your feeling. Forgive me noona." 

"Don't be, Jisung. You know I can't be mad on you, right?"  He had eavesdropping their conversation for a while before decided to knock on the door. He walked to the bed and greet them with a smile.

"This is your car's key. I forgot to give you yesterday." He hand her the key.

"I'll take my leave first as I don't have anything to do in here anymore." He smile again and walk to the door.

"Hyung, let's go home together." Jisung smile and wave to Jihyun before following Jeno from behind. Jihyun seems can't get herself together as she can't manage to bring any words from her mouth. He want to thank him badly but her mouth didn't cooperate.

⋰˚☆

Jeno sit at the dining table while staring at his phone. Almost for hours already. He sighed in defeat and leaned against the chair. He knew he already lost her.

He is the one who decided to end the relationship.

He is the one who mess up the relationship.

He is the one who is hurting her.

No one else to blame on. It is clearly him.

He put his head in his palms.

"You know about it already?" Jaemin sit beside him. Jeno furrowed his eyebrows.

"That. Where do you get it?" Jaemin point at Jeno's phone. Jeno took a deep breath and nod. The photos of the fetus.

Flashback

"This is the result from the blood test. It suprised me, by the way, congrats Mr.Lee." The doctor pass Jeno the soft copy of the DNA test.

"You know about this all this time?" Jeno turn his head to face Jaemin. Jaemin nod his head. 

"I'm too stupid to break with her during the pregnancy and let her handle the baby alone. I'm so cruel and worse than animal. If I know about this then I wouldn't leave her." Jeno caress the photos in his phone. 

"Even animal know how to take care of their children." He smile bitterly and tears stream down his face. 

"You know how much she is hurting and suffering when you cheat on her?" Jeno weakly nod.

"Those are nothing to compare how  strong she is to face the pregnancy alone." Jaemin spit out the fact. The fact that made Jeno hurt thousand time than he already is.

"Before you decide to do anything, let me advice you first. Don't hurt her anymore. She had enough, Jeno." Jaemin pat Jeno's shoulder before walk to his room. 

⋰˚☆

They spent lots of time in the hospital as Jihyun's due date is 5 days away. Included Jeno. He is there, but he prefer to stay quiet the whole time. Vernon manage to came back early as he begging for his life to the manager.

It hurts Jeno to see other man is taking care of Jihyun. And his baby. It hurts him, physically, mentally and emotionally.

 He trying hard to control himself from running to Jihyun every time she groan because of the pain. There also one time when he can't stop himself but thanks to god, Jaemin get to stop him before anyone realize it.

No one knows he knew it, except for Jaemin. It is better off that way. That is what everyone think of but it is clearly not for him.

Jeno excuse himself and went to the rooftop. Inhale a deep breath before tears start to fall down- nonstop like a waterfall. He knew he already late and he can't turn back time. 

He wish he was the one beside her.

He was the one who caress her belly.

He was the one who give her the massage.

He kneel down and continue let his feeling out. Is this how Jihyun felt all this time? He suddenly smile and laugh thinking of how stupid he was. But no matter how hard he cry now, it won't change the fact that she is not his anymore.

"I hope you don't regret with your decision." - Jaemin.

He knew he need to move on and get over Jihyun as fast as possible. It is not a good thing if he get attach with his son. His son have right to be happy and he don't deserve an asshole dad like Jeno. He look up to the sky.

Is he ready for this? 

⋰˚☆

Everyone except Jeno are waiting for the doctor to come out from the labour room. Jaemin keep looking at his phone as he don't receive any news from Jeno. He try to call Jeno.

'The number you call is currently unavailable. Please leave the note after the beep. Beep-"

'Jihyun is already in the labour room. She is fighting in there for your son. You should be here, by now. Where are you?"

"The baby and the mother is fine." They all sigh in relieved. The nurse show them where the baby is place.

"His figure look tough already." Haechan said playfully and receive a hit from Renjun. Jaemin smiled at the baby. He look exactly like Jeno. That is the fact and no one can run away from it.

"But where is Jeno hyung? Don't he want to see the baby?" Jisung look around as he didn't see any sight of him yet. Jaemin excuse himself to call Jeno again.

'The number you call is currently unavailable. Please leave the note after the beep. Beep-'

'Hey man, you better get your ass here now. Don't you want to look at your son? I know it might be hard but at least visit him for once. He need to know his father's face too. Come here quickly okay? Before I drag you by myself.'

Jaemin walk back to the group before Ji In softly intertwine her finger with his.

"Did he answer?" 

Jaemin only shook his head hoping that Jeno wouldn't do something stupid.