26

" Jehyeon is asleep?" Vernon turn his head to Jihyun as soon as she sit beside him

" Yeah look like he get easily tired these days." Jihyun let out a sigh. Vernon move closer and reach for her hand. He rub the back of her hand softly. Eyes straight into hers as a sign for her to talk her heart out.

" She met Jehyeon this afternoon and- she look a bit surprise with my real status." Jihyun let out a sigh and push her lips into a thin line.

" I know." Vernon hung his head down. Remembering the early conversation that he had with his mom.

" What?" Jihyun knitted her eyebrows.

" I met her before I come here. She told me everything." He place his forehead on Jihyun's shoulder. Jihyun seems can't process what is happening right now.

Does that mean his mom already reject her? Does she need to leave him? Does she going to lost him?

As she busy debating with herself, she don't realize the fabric on her shoulders getting wet. Soft sob coming out from the man in front of her. Vernon lift his head and cup Jihyun's face.

" You know how much I love you, right?" Vernon softly caress her cheek using his thumb. Jihyun reply with a nod.

" I'll try everything to make you the happiest girl in the world." Vernon pull her into a hug.

" I will fight for you, for Jehyeon, for this relationship." Jihyun push Vernon lightly. Placing her hand comfortably at the both side of his neck.

" Vernon, I know how much you love your mom too. If being with me going to make your mom sad, I won't let you do that." Lightly caressing his jaw.

" But I love you with all of my might." His voice that full with desperate hit her. Hard.

" I know Vernon, but your mother is far important than me." She act all tough and strong as if it didn't affect her.

" I am a mother too. I know how much she want the best for you. And for that she know better. Mother's instinct is not a joke you know?" Jihyun's eyes soften at the look of red eyes Vernon. Vernon let out a shaky breath and sank his head back onto her shoulder.

" Let's not talk about this for now, will ya?" Vernon's mumbling voice tickling her skin. And she hum in response.

⋰˚☆

A year already pass and Vernon's mom give him time to settle everything down between him and Jihyun. It's not like she hate Jihyun- no. She love her, like her own daughter but she got her own reason. On why she did that.

"Yes mom, I'll go meet her this afternoon after I have done my work." Vernon let out a small sigh.

" I'm sure you going to like her Vernon, be nice to her and try to open your heart, okay sweetheart?"

" I'll try mom, I need to go now. See you soon." Vernon lift his hand to sign his whereabout to the man that just arrive.

" Alright." Vernon's eyes follow the younger man until he sit opposite him.

" It surprise me to get a call from you. So what is this about?" The man clearly surprise because after all both of them is not in a really good term.

" I want to settle some business with you." Vernon take a sip of his vanilla latte.

" This is beyond surprise that I have any business with you. But anyway, I'll do what I can." The man softly chuckle.

" Of course you can, this is about Jihyun and your son, Jeno." Vernon look straight into the puzzle face of the young handsome man in front of him.

⋰˚☆

" Prosecutor Jung, the police already update about the homicide case in Busan this morning. Would you like me to print it out by today or after you done with the latest case at the end of this month?" Miss Wong greet Jihyun as soon as she come back from the court.

" I guess we should focus on this case first, as this one will finish soon. Send me the details of the case later and can you please send a court letter to the young CEO case on-" She check her planner.

"- the first week of March. That bastard is really testing my patience and I can't wait to send him to jail." She slam her hand on the table. Resulting Mr. Park and Ms. Wong stop on their track.

Obviously, Jihyun is so busy and she barely get any time with her son recently. Recently she is handling a child abuse case. And thank god her son have two kind god mother that can help to look after him.

" You do hate him a lot huh?" Mr. Park chuckle looking at red face Jihyun.

" He keep calling me declaring that he is not guilty and offer me money if we take his case down. What he think I am?" Jihyun sank herself on the chair and take a sip of her iced americano.

" Nowadays people tend to buy human using money too." Ms. Wong shrug her shoulder.

" I hope I can get all of this work done soon." She close her eyes and the image of her son appear. Two weeks, it already two weeks since last she met him. Her rest get disturbed by her phone. Without checking on the ID caller she pick it up.

" Where are you? Come to the Seoul Hospital." She knitted her eyebrows and pull away the phone from her ear.

Lee Jeno?