20

Vernon walk to Jihyun as she don't move after the delivery guy talk to her

"Hey, is everything alright?" Vernon intertwine his finger with Jihyun's. She slowly nod her head and smile to him.

"Who give it to you?" Vernon took a glance at the new bouquet she just received and look back at her.

"No idea. There is no note though." She smile and pull Vernon to where the others at. Trying to avoid any further question.

⋰˚☆

"I have no idea what to bring." Jihyun can't choose any gift for Vernon's parents.

"They will love everything you buy, Jihyun." Vernon fix her hair and smile.

"Let's get a plate set for your mom and clothes for your dad. What about necklace for Sofia? Does she like that kind of stuff" Jihyun walk around the display.

"She is not that girly but yeah why not." Vernon shrug his shoulder.

" She suit pearl. We should buy her pearl necklace." Jihyun clap her hand as she satisfied with her decision. After done get all of the stuff they head to Vernon's parents house for dinner. 

"Hey, you look so nervous. Just chill, my parents won't eat you or something." Vernon put his hand on Jihyun's thigh while the other is on the steering.

" What if they don't like me." Jihyun's pout made Vernon's laugh.

" You are too cute for people to dislike you." Vernon pinch Jihyun's cheek cause her to whine.

" I'm glad we can spend time alone like this." Vernon laugh. The Dream are babysitting Jehyeon while Jihyun visiting Vernon's parents.

" Is it too late to cancel this meeting? I think I'm not ready yet." Jihyun fake crying.

"We almost there. No turning back, Jung Jihyun." Vernon kiss the back of her hand. Vernon park the car in front of the gate. They knock the door and a teenager girl welcome them. 

"You are here!" She quickly hug Vernon and bow to Jihyun.

"Jihyun, this is my younger sister- Sofia. Sofia, this is Jihyun." They walk to the dining area where all of his family member already at. Vernon take a seat opposite his mother and Jihyun sit beside him.

" I bring some gift for you all. I hope you all would love them." Jihyun pass the paper bags to Sofia and she place it on top of the kitchen island.

" Thank you sweet heart, we glad we finally get to meet you. As Vernon always talk about you whenever he call us." His mom have a very beautiful smile. Just like Vernon. Jihyun let out a shy smile and turn to Vernon.

" Mom...." Vernon's cheek turn red a little bit. Vernon is very close with his mother. And now Jihyun can see why.

The night turn out well and Jihyun get to get along with them well. They are so welcoming and warm. A perfect definition of family- that is what she think. But little that she know, a storm will visit her soon.

⋰˚☆

"I told you my parents don't eat people." They take a walk at park near Jihyun's house.

"Yeah, they are so nice. Your sister is so beautiful, ethereal beauty does run in your gene." Jihyun let out a laugh.

" Jihyun." Vernon hold Jihyun's wrist causing her to turn around. 

" What?" Jihyun furrowed her eyebrows. Vernon's hand slowly wrap her body.

"Thank you because you give me a place in your heart. I know it is hard for you to open up after what had happened. I promise you, I'll love with all of my heart even though I know that- that most of your heart is belong to other people, but I'll fight for it." Vernon's right hand rest on her cheek.

"I'm sorry Vernon, I'll try my best to get over him too and accept you with all I have." She place her hand on top of his that rest on her cheek.

" I won't rush you. I'll give you all the time you need and you just need to know that I love you so much." Vernon close his eyes and kiss her forehead. Gently and deeply. Enough to explain his feeling that can't be measure with words.

⋰˚☆

" Thank you for taking care of Jehyeon yesterday. I owe you all one." Jihyun bring breakfast for the dream as she need to fetch Jehyeon too.

"It's not a big deal. How is everything going yesterday?" Renjun pass Jehyeon's bag to Jihyun and take a seat beside her.

" They are so friendly. I'm glad everything is fine yesterday." They won't lie. They are happy if Jihyun is happy. 

"Good to hear that. We are happy for you Jihyun. You know that, right." Jaemin ruffle her hair.

"Hey, you should stop that habit of yours you know." Jihyun pout as she fix her hair.

" You are like a precious sister to me, it is not my fault that you act all cute like that." Jaemin only shrug his shoulder.

" Where is Jehyeon?" She don't see the sight of her son since she arrive. Jaemin and Renjun exchange look before Jaemin clear his throat.

"Jisung is playing with him at upstairs. I'll get him for you." Renjun stand up and walk to Jisung's room.

" I want to meet Jisung too. Let me follow you." Renjun suddenly stop and turn around to face Jihyun. He spread his arm as he prevent her to go upstairs.

" Jisung i- is half naked, you should just wait down here." Nervous sweat start to form on his forehead.

"What the hell are you talking about Renjun, it is not like my first time see him half naked." She knitted her eyebrows and push him aside. Jihyun barged into Jisung's room and see the boy is teaching the almost one-year old baby play animal crossing.

"What is wrong with you?" Jihyun cross her arm and look at Renjun who let out a relieved sigh. They turn around when they heard a loud thud come from Jeno's old room.

" What is that sound?"