30

"I thought you are more mature than that

"I thought you are more mature than that." Jihyun rolled her eyes at May.

"It is too cute to ignore it, you know? How come that guy could be here?" May observe the photo she took.

"Jehyeon is throwing tantrum and want Jeno to be with him during the transfusion." Jihyun sank her head in her palm.

"That is not surprising tho, he is still his son." May shrug and receive a light punch from Jihyun.

"What?" May only let out a laugh and look at her phone clock.

"Look like I need to take my leave now. I have work to go. I promise I'll visit again." May stand up and hug Jihyun. The hug is long and warm.

May send a small smile before waving goodbye. Jihyun walk back into the ward, Jeno and Jehyeon is still sleep soundly. She takes a breath and sit down at the couch area. She opens her laptop and start doing her job.

After 1 hours, she started to feel uncomfortable as the couch is not a really great place to do work. She jumps a little bit when someone open the door.

"I'm sorry for surprising you, Ms. Jung. I need to detach the needle now." The nurse bow to her before headed to the bed. She continues her work and let the nurse do her work.

"You should wake me up when the nurse come and check Jehyeon." Jeno rub his eyes and sit opposite Jihyun.

"You look very comfortable, I don't want to ruin your sleep." Jihyun continue typing on her laptop without spare a glance to Jeno.

"How long have you sat here?" Jeno look at the clock that hang on the wall.

"One hour, maybe." She shrugs and turn her head to the boy on the bed.

"You might hurt your back. Go take some rest." Jeno stand up and walk to her.

"I'm fine. I'm not sleepy too." Jihyun stretch her back a bit.

"Let's get some fresh air." Jeno offer his hand. Jihyun blankly look at his hand. Her gaze moves upward to his face. She let out a sigh and accept his hand. Jeno try hard to hide his smile. Jihyun pull her hand from Jeno's grip and walk to the nurse counter.

"Can you look after Jehyeon for a while?" She smiles to the young nurse. She quietly nods and walk to the ward.

"Do you want to get some coffee?" Jeno bit his lip waiting for Jihyun's reply.

"Sounds cool." Jihyun nod her head. Jeno flash her a small smile.

⋰˚☆

Jihyun decided to hire a nurse that can keep her eyes on Jehyeon while she is at work. Even though Jeno assure her that he can take care of Jehyeon while she go to work. She is currently waiting for Vernon at their usual hang out cafe.

" Long time no see, Vernon." Jihyun keep her straight face when the man pulls the chair opposite her.

" Said the one who distant away herself from me." Vernon playfully rolled her eyes.

" I thought we not going to talk about this again." Jihyun let out a sigh as she really really wants to avoid that unnecessary topic.

" Okay, I'm sorry." Vernon surrender.

" Should we get straight to the reason why we are meeting today? I need to go home early as Jehyeon will do the transfusion process today." Jihyun look at her wristwatch and back to the guy.

" You are really hard-headed you know that?" Vernon let out a small smile. Jihyun only shrug knowing the fact the SHE IS hard-headed.

" I'm sorry for doing that without your consent. I want to help both- you and Jeyeon. I just want Jehyeon knows that his father still cares about him. A lot. He gets the right Jihyun. And for you-" He take a deep breath.

"- I know since start, you still have a soft spot for Jeno. Even though you keep denying it, but everything is crystal clear. You still love him, and he love you. But you let your ego win, I know this small effort of mine won't make you change your mind easily. I promise to make you happy before me. I'll do everything I can."

⋰˚☆

Jihyun take a further route to her home. She needs to clear her mind before going home. Her mind replaying the word that come out form the people she closes with.

"Don't be too harsh on yourself and try to open up a little bit, okay?"

"Even though you keep denying it, but everything is crystal clear. You still love him, and he love you."

She shook her head and look at her vibrated phone.

From : Lee Jeno

I'm already here. Are you still at work?

Jihyun ignore the text and continue to drive. The journey that usually take 30 minutes end up being an hour trip. Jeno is sitting on the couch, playing with his phone.

" Dr. Han inform me that he would me a bit late today." Jeno turn his head as soon as he heard the door open. Jihyun only reply with a nod.

" Jehyeon is upstairs with his nurse." Jeno instinctively tell Jihyun as her eyes wandered around the house.

"I'll be upstairs if the doctor come. Need to wash up a little." Jihyun walk upstairs to her bedroom. Jeno stunned in his spot. Usually Jihyun would ignore his presence and don't have any effort to open her mouth.

 Usually Jihyun would ignore his presence and don't have any effort to open her mouth