25

She bow to the older woman and flash a smile to her

" Mrs. Chwe, nice to meet you here." Jihyun stand beside Vernon's mom.

" Me too. You should come to our house again. I already miss spending time with you." Mrs. Chwe gently caress Jihyun's forearm. 

" I'll try to make some time for it but for now I can't promise anything as I just started my job." Jihyun nod and smile. A loud crying voice fill in the atmosphere.

" Jihyun, what happen to him? He suddenly cry and I don't know what to do." May worriedly pass Jehyeon to Jihyun. And the boy become quiet again.

" Does he hate me?" May let out a pout and Jihyun only laugh at her.

" Who is this cute little boy, Jihyun?" Mrs. Chwe hold Jehyeon's tiny hand around her finger.

" This is my son, Jehyeon." Mrs. Chwe's face change to shock but regain her sense.

" What kind of you adopt-"

" No, he is my biological son." Jihyun cut Mrs. Chwe's sentence. Mrs. Chwe took a step behind. She immediately check her wrist watch.

" It's already late, I'll take my leave first." After a second, she turn around and walk away from Jihyun. May pat Jihyun's back and bring her back to the table.

" What happened?" Ji In put down her phone as soon as she see Jihyun's red eyes.

⋰˚☆

" What with the fuss, mom? This is so not like you." Vernon take a seat beside his mom while his dad at the single chair.

" Same goes to you, Vernon. Out of many women out there why you need to choose someone who are already have a son?" Mrs. Chwe can't hide her disappointment. Vernon knitted his eyebrows.

" Don't act dumb on this matter, Vernon. I already know about Jihyun's son." His mom shook her head. Vernon turn his head towards his dad. And he reply it with a shrug.

" It's not a crime  to get married with a woman that already have a son, mom. There no rules regarding that. The most important is, I love her and she love me." Vernon hold his mom's hand.

" Children is a physical tie made by two people to prove their love towards each other." His mom let out a sigh.

" Jihyun don't have any feeling towards Jehyeon's father anymore." Vernon's voice become more and more desperate.

" How do you know about that? How do you know that she don't have any feeling towards him and neither him?" His mom cup his cheek in her palms.

" I don't want you to get hurt at the end of the day, Vernon. I want the best for you." She plant a soft kiss on his forehead.

" Let go of her and let me find someone better for you. Someone that will keep you happy for the rest of your life." 

⋰˚☆

Vernon attack her with hug and kisses as soon as she open the door. 

" Hey, what's wrong? Are you alright?" Jihyun back away and check Vernon's face.

" I miss you so much. I'm sorry I can't fetch you from the bar yesterday." Vernon pull Jihyun into a hug again.

" It's okay, babe. If it is not because of you, I would wake up on the cold hard floor this morning. Jihyun smile against his chest. Inhale her favorite scent deeply.

" Go take a bath and I'll prepare dinner for us." Jihyun scrunch her nose and and walk to the kitchen. Vernon let out a sigh. After taking a bath, Vernon headed to Jehyeon's room and stand beside his baby cradle. He pick Jehyeon up and sit on the chair beside the baby cradle. With the baby on his lap.

" Look at my handsome boy here." Jehyeon look straight into Vernon's eyes and giggle. As if he understand that the older man is praising him. Vernon rock his body back and forth with the baby securely in his arm.

" I don't know how I would tell your mom about this. I don't want to hurt you and her. You two are too precious for me." The baby place his hand on Vernon's jaw as he comforting Vernon. Vernon look down and smile.

" You are so smart, what did your mom feed you?" Vernon chuckle as Jehyeon respond with a giggle.

" Boys! Dinner is ready!" 

" Coming!" Vernon walk downstairs with Jehyeon in his arms. He place the baby in the baby chair before pull the chair for himself.

" I thought you are busy this month." Jihyun take a quick glance at Vernon as she put the rice in his bowl.

" I went to see my parents before come here. So I decide to stay over for tonight." Vernon smile at Jihyun and she nod on response.

" I met your mother this afternoon during lunch with May and Ji In." They both stare at each other.

" Seems like she don't like Jehyeon. We should tell your family about Jehyeon beforehand." Vernon reach put his hands to reach for Jihyun's.

" Let's talk about this after we eat. It's is not good to be sad in front of food." Vernon rub the back of Jihyun's hand soothingly. He turn his head to Jehyeon. 

" You want mummy or me to feed you today, little prince." Jehyeon giggle and point to Vernon.

" Jehyeon giggle and point to Vernon