His Butler, Recruiting

~June 1887~

Running.

That's all you could do. The cold wet feeling of blood under your feet was the only thing telling you that this was real. Not the heat, nor the sweat on your skin could convince you that this was not a dream. The only thing you could hear was the beating of your own heart because it was drumming in your ears. You could've sworn there was supposed to be light here but you could barely see now. You burst through a door and the cold night air of London hit you like a brick. Immediately gripping your shoulders, you hid in a corner somewhere behind some barrels. Looking up and blinking a couple of times trying to focus you saw the building was on fire. You were too perplexed to remember if it was on fire while you were inside. You were exhausted, it felt like you were running for miles. Wiping sweat from your face, you drew back your hand with blood on it. It was splashed everywhere on your body.

This was real, you killed over a dozen men in there that wasn't what shocked you, you're an assassin you've assassinated people before but never like that. It was bloody, and you don't recall a thing except that you killed them by simply losing control of yourself, that's what shocked you.

Out of the flaming building walked a boy and a tall man both clean and unscathed. You couldn't see them clearly; only the glint of a blue diamond ring on the boy's thumb was significant. Blood boiled underneath your skin as an adrenaline rush hit your veins. Swiftly stepping towards them the tall man faced where you were and fear took over your sudden desire to kill them. You couldn't see his face properly and retreated back into your corner like a shadow. He advanced towards your hiding spot and you curled into a ball closing your eyes.

"Ah so soft~"

You opened one eye peeking at the man, the smoke coming from the building was starting to obscure your vision but from the sound of purring he had picked up a cat.

"Sebastian put the bloody cat down and let's go," you heard a sigh from the man and a troubled 'Yes, my Lord'. You held your breath so you wouldn't cough from the smoke and alert them to your presence. The cat made its way over to you and curled up next to you, not wanting it to suffocate along with you, you picked it up and were sickened by the fact you could feel its ribs, not a nice feeling. Blinking tears out of your eyes you walked in the direction of the two strangers. You sighed, they were nowhere to be found, far enough to breathe properly you put the cat down which found your ankles the ideal place to curl up against. You knelt down on the empty London street and petted the cat, it purred and looked at you. Wine coloured eyes, odd colour for a cat or for any eye for that matter. Nevertheless, it was charming.

~

About a week after escaping your captors you were hellbent on finding the boy and the tall man to dispose of them. If they weren't looking for a sex slave then what else would they be doing there, you guessed they were just fortunate to come out alive. Walking the streets of London was no easy task for a woman who wasn't of noble status. Every drunkard thought you were a prostitute and every store owner thought you were a thief. Women hid behind their fans gossiping about your wear, no corset and a cloak with a hood and plain boots. You were self-conscious some days but on days that you're concentrated petty things like that don't distract you until after. Looking for that boy and man wasn't going to be easy. All you had was the name Sebastian and the knowledge of a blue diamond ring on the boys' finger.

You soon found yourself at an old acquaintance of yours. The words 'Undertaker' stared at you from above the door. Opening the door you walked inside ready to sit on your special coffin you both made as a joke, "Undertaker I need to ask you some- " you stopped short there was an adolescent boy sitting inside already with a beaker of tea, his hat and his walking stick sat next to him and standing behind him was a man clad in black, the material hugging him perfectly and his hair drawn perfectly to fit his face. If there was ever such thing as a perfect-looking human, he'd fit the description. Perfectly. To put the cherry on top, his eyes were the colour of red wine, just like the cat that followed you. Breathtaking.