His Butler, Unexpected Colleagues

"You've brought us a fine woman and an adorable little sprat, you sure they're circus material?" Joker asked carefully taking in your profiles. "Hey, you are a boy right?"

"Yes, I've been in service as a pageboy for some time now my name uh- is Finnian." Joker walked up to the young lord, "That's quite an imposing name for a sprat like you. What about you lass?"

"I'm Vera it's a pleasure to meet you," you smiled gently at him. "Aye that name suits you but we'll see about circus names a little later. Being pretty ain't gonna get you anywhere here, you'll have to possess talent too. What is it you two are good at?"

"Darts I suppose?" the young master said. You looked away at Sebastian to see him in the company of several blushing ladies, you rolled your eyes... quite charismatic. "You alright there? For a moment I thought I was losing ye," Joker came up and obstructed your view forcing your attention on him.

"Oh, I'm sort of nimble, and I like animals... I can aim well," you mumbled.

"So darts for the little one here and for you we'll try the tightrope or trapeze, your choice lass," he smiled and grabbed the both of you by the shoulder and led you two away for your entrance test. First, it was the young master throwing darts.

"That's almost cruel, putting it so far away from him. Might as well put it in the next country over," Dagger whispered to Joker. "Well I can't put it right next to him can I? I'll be darned impressed if he- COOL!" As far as the target was from him, never working his muscles out a day in his life,(unless you count fencing), the gleaming knife he threw hit the target. A confident smirk made its way to his face. You didn't know how stupid people could be, did no one notice it started its descent before going straight up to hit the target? Sebastian was hurling rocks to aid the young lord's feeble attempts to hit the bullseye.

"Shall I throw another set?" Quite cocky of him since he didn't really do any of the work.

"That was only the first part of the exam, next we have the tight rope."

~

The young lord had to best the tight rope so instead of the flying trapeze you went with that as well. You're already there, might as well. The amount of laughter between you and Sebastian after he came down was ridiculous, though you tried your best to suppress it of course. Let's not forget when he had to smile, that melted your heart, fake or not that was the brightest smile you've ever seen and it suited his face more than a scowl did.

Time for your part of the exam.

Your heart beat rapidly as you steadied one foot on the slightly wobbly rope, Joker, Dagger, an angry young lord, and Sebastian watched you intently. Instinctively you put your arms out and began to walk, shaking slightly you tried to not think about what should happen if you fall. Then again it's not like Sebastian would allow you to fall, plus there's a net below and Doll behind you on the platform with the excess rope that was around your waist. Gaining a bit more confidence you took a few more steps.

And slipped.

"GAH!"

Grabbing on to the rope, you squeezed your eyes shut hearing gasps from the circus members in the room. "You can let go, the net will break your fall!" Joker cupped his hands and shouted at you from the bottom. Looking down you saw all of them staring at you. Even the young lord displayed a little fear in his eye, everyone except Sebastian who was smiling at you. You possess the talent, just need to utilize it. Swaying your body a bit to give yourself a push off you hoisted yourself up and landed on your toes. You glanced back down and saw they were in shock, using this to your advantage you performed some tricks for them, spinning on your toes, faking a fall only to wrap your leg around it and force yourself into a handstand position, gracefully bringing down one leg after the other to stand upright on the other side of the platform. You had gotten rid of the petticoat so only your thin skirt remained which you pinned to your stockings in various places, so thankfully nothing was displayed.