His Butler, Arguing

It was way past midnight when you decided to act out your plan. Sebastian doesn't sleep but the young lord does. He has nothing to do until a few hours from now. However, Sebastian was nowhere to be found. His room was empty so you ventured through the manor trying to find him you almost gave up until you heard voices from Prince Soma's room. Assuming it was Agni and the prince speaking you got closer to see if it was anything incriminating. To your dismay, it was just Sebastian and the young lord. "...Hmph. Regardless of how small a flame may be, it does not take much for it to be fanned into a great, roaring blaze and there seemed to be quite a fire at dinner. Do try your best not to burn yourself." You thought he was talking to the prince who you assumed was in there, but it was Sebastian who answered. "Only smoke my lord." Of course, the young lord had noticed the change in mood and how you interacted with Sebastian while you were serving. You backed away from the door and took off just in time to hear it open. You ran back into your room and stayed there until someone came knocking on your door a few minutes later. It was the three of them, growing nervous that they knew you were eavesdropping you asked them what they needed at this hour. "It appears Agni has been sneaking off while the prince here is asleep. We're following him, get dressed. Quickly."

~

"Harold West Jeb. I met him once, he's extremely obsessed with his social status it's revolting." The young master rolled his eyes. "Shall we take a closer look?" Sebastian bowed, "Certainly." He grabbed the small boy and jumped over the wall with ease and you heard dogs growling. You and Mr. Lau scaled the wall and went straight for the guards. "My lord," you called out to him as the guard dogs retreated, and held up a knocked out guard. "Really you two?" Prince Soma had made it over the wall with ease as well which surprised you. Mr. Lau laughed and feigned sadness, "It's not like we killed them earl."

Entering the household, it was easy locating Agni and West. They were deep in conversation, something about a royal warrant until the name "Mina" was mentioned... then it went to hell. Prince Soma burst through the door, "Where is Mina?! You've known where she was this whole time?!"

"Someone do something," you hissed, alarmed he would do something so rash. "West is sure to notice us. I have a plan."

A deer.

All he could think of, was using a deer mount to disguise himself. Sometimes you question Sebastian's logic. Soon Agni started attacking Sebastian who was carrying Prince Soma. "I think it's time to go my lord." You picked him up and he yelled out to Sebastian, "Hey we're drawing too much attention, grab the kid and let's get out of here."

Crash

That was Sebastian jumping out of a window with the Prince thrown over his shoulder. Mr. Lau followed you as you left by means of the front door and you all returned to the townhouse. Sebastian begrudgingly put Prince Soma to bed while you attended to the young lord. "We'll discuss the case in the morning I have an idea. Have Mey-rin attend to the prince in the morning. I'm sure his little accident at dinner has left you rather annoyed."

"Hmph, yes my lord," you took his eye patch and saw his contract seal. 'I guess he's comfortable showing this side of him.' "Pleasant dreams," and you left him to sleep... time for your plan.

~

"Say you don't want me."

"Y/n..."

"Say it."

"Get out, I have work to do."

You took it upon yourself to visit him in his room. It was slightly bigger than your room and had fewer things in it. A bed, a wardrobe and a desk with a lamp on it.

Fuming, you turned on your heels getting ready to exit and slam the door off its hinges but something in you forced last words out. Turning back around you just couldn't let him have it. "And you call humans complicated how self-righteous," scoffing you steadied yourself knowing that'll piss him off, you wanted him to get angry, your eyes dared him to harm you.

"I advise you not to tread there little girl..." he growled, gritting his teeth with his fangs bared.

"Or you'll do what exactly?" A challenge. He gave no answer, his gaze gave no emotion away, no response. The same thick tension in the room swallowed you whole and froze everything as the two of you shot glares at each other. Feeling like he proved you right your heart dropped like a stone. The next to speak was you, in a calmer voice, "I thought as much... remove the mark."

"No."

"DAMNIT SEBASTIAN WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!"

His grip broke the chair he was holding onto, it splintered under his touch scaring the crap out of you for a split second. You forgot how much power he possesses.

"Stop Y/n."

"I won't."

"Oh?" The room grew cold and he advanced towards you slowly he passed a candelabra on the wall which extinguished itself. His facade dissolved into his sinister form, his demeanour was no longer a perfect butler, a gentleman, not even sadistic. Far worse than anything you could ever imagine his steps drew closer towards you. "I am NOT as fragile as you think I am. I can stay by your side if you just let me in." The mere vision of his fury reduced you to tears, fear overtaking your heart but you couldn't let this go. No, you were simply too stubborn for the likes of him. "Is it that hard to talk to me? Is there something wrong with me?"

The warmth of the room was slowly coming back. The look in his eyes as if tears were brimming at the edges but you knew better. No matter what you said and no matter what you did, it couldn't change the cold fact that demons can't love. Tears streamed down your face. There had to be a reason that he would mark you, out of all the humans he must have met throughout his entire life span. You felt the smooth material of his gloves wipe your tears away and gently caressing your right eyelid. "For goodness sake why must you be so stubborn? Go back to bed, we have a busy schedule tomorrow."

"N-"

"Y/n," he growled your name, his eyes were closed as if he were trying to compose himself.

"Fine," you said softly after seeing that expression. You left him in his room, maybe pushing him wasn't the best idea. However, he will answer your questions. One way or another.