His Butler, Preparations

Around two months passed. It had been rather awkward between the both of you. Not like anyone would notice, and it was slightly harder to work with him. It wasn't intended,  and it started off small, you'd find yourself thinking about what he did,  then slowly it got worse over time,  growing into baffling insecurity. Negative insecure thoughts swarmed your mind constantly,  no matter how much he reassured you it couldn't stop your overthinking that he'd be doing something you wouldn't approve of while you were asleep or generally not with him. At night you stayed up crying, ridiculous thoughts of him and Mey-rin or some random woman from off the street floating through the darkness. Using his somewhat valid reason as a blatant excuse to justify what he did. All meaningless thoughts, Sebastian didn't even know how insecure you felt, how broken.. like you weren't enough anymore. He did give you your space, probably thinking you were still mad at him, but you told him you forgave him. But did you really, if you did then why these thoughts? You passed Sebastian in the hallway with two men dressed in white while on the way to the drawing-room where you just left the young lord. He beckoned you with a look to follow along.

~

"A dinner party at the Phantomhive manor?"

"Yes, with a particular guest of honour, his name is Herr Georg von Siemens, a notable German gentleman in distant relations with Her Majesty. He's interested in England's industry," the man named Sir Charles Phipps said. 

"But wouldn't he find it a bit disconcerting to be surrounded by strangers on his visit I know I would. Perhaps a dinner with Her Majesty would better suit." He turned the letter around sliding it back towards the men in stark white.

"Refusing? Is that such a good idea? Her Majesty isn't very please with you at the moment. The case concerning the children wasn't very satisfying in your report. Her trust in you isn't very high at the moment," the other named Lord Grey said smirking at the young lord as if he were happy he was losing his favour with the Queen. The gears in the young lord's head were going as he looked over the letter again, slowly sitting back upright in his chair he folded his arms. "The honour would be mine."

They stood up satisfied with his answer and you moved to open the door, "Dont worry we can see ourselves out," Sir Charles Phipps said and he turned back to the young lord, "You have a fortnight,  I'm sure you'll be ready by then."

The young lord stood and stretched, a little irritated with his slip up. "You heard him Sebastian begin preparations for the dinner we want him to feel welcomed."

"Straight away my lord," he bowed.

 "Y/n, invite my usuals after that come straight to me. I have other people I'd like you to write to." You curtsied and hurried to the office to begin writing the letters to Mr. Lau and Baron Diedrich. After finishing them up you went to the young lord's study to see them chatting. "Now go," the young Lord instructed Sebastian and he bowed and left, you approached and showed him the letters. "Diedrich is in Germany at the moment we would've had the dinner before the letter would have time reach him. I'd like Dr. Arthur, you know the one who wrote that excerpt in Beetons. Grimsby Keane, Irene Diaz, Karl Woodley of the Woodley company, and a Mr. Phelps who works at the docks." The door opened with Sebastian coming back in, "It is done my lord."

His face grew serious as he stared at the both of you, "Now, I don't care what happened between you but you will get along at the dinner party. Do not disgrace my family name," he said sternly.

"Oh it's noticeable?" Sebastian asked.

"Don't be a fool. The whole household is on edge when the both of you are in the same room, not knowing if you'll attempt to kill each other or act like some shameless couple."