His Butler, Death

You were half asleep at your small desk in your room when Sebastian came in. Seeing your desk in disarray with papers and pens scattered and the flame of a single candle dancing around at the sudden wind from the door closing illuminated your hunched over figure. Theories upon theories were written down and scratched out, he looked over, read some and smirked, "Smart girl."

You winced at his feathery touch. "Oh dear, this is why you have pains all over, your sleeping styles are terrible." he sighed. 

"Mmm..." 

He came unbuttoning your uniform and slipped it off your shoulders, you felt his hands massage your bare shoulder and back while he whispered in your ear. "I need you to do a favour for me, take care of the servants and stay by the young masters' side no matter what." He caressed your puffed out cheeks with his gloved thumb, relaxing you and helping you fall into a deep sleep. Stripping you of the rest of your clothes he dressed you in your nightgown and took a long look at you, touching his mark he was interested in how it will all go down in a couple of hours. He blew out the candle and quietly stole out of the room.

~

You awoke in your bed, remembering how you got there your cheeks grew warm and you got ready for the day. You decided to get the rooms ready for the guests today passing Finny on the way who had a metal pail of coals for what you guessed was to replenish the fires. Starting with the drawing-room you heard a crash and Finny wailing. Running towards the sound of Finny you assumed another murder had taken place.

Forget anxiety, this was pure pain, physical, mental and emotional eating you from the inside, like ants crawling and biting every inch of your body inside and out... The shock of seeing Sebastian of all people laying there on the floor was enough to make your heart leap out your chest and pull a gasp from your dry throat, you backed into the wall nearly knocking whatever air was left in your lungs completely out. Clenching your jaw you kept your composure remembering he's a demon and if bullets can't kill him a simple poker can't. The guests started filling the room and Mey-rin and Finny broke down crying their hearts out. You whispered to Tanaka to wake the young lord. Chatter rose amongst the guests, they are all as shocked as you were when you first saw. Standing in the back and staring at him you wanted to shout at him to get up it looked so real, blood everywhere, the look of shock on his face, the lifeless position, and poker sticking out of his chest. It made you feel sick to your stomach nevertheless you maintained your stoic facade and to everyone else, you seemed too shocked for words. The young lord came running and stared wide-eyed at Sebastian. 

He stepped towards Sebastian's body, "That's enough of your play-acting. You've had enough fun but the charade is over." He tsked angrily and snatched the poker and threw it. Kneeling on Sebastian he grabbed him by his tailcoat and shook him violently. "Damn you! I order you to wake up this instant."

'He- he's not moving. A direct order... he is bound to that.' Your eyes grew wide, no he couldn't be dead. The feeling of throwing up rose quickly making you drop to one knee, your nails digging into the wallpaper. He would never disobey a direct order from the young lord. "You think you can disobey my orders?! I won't allow it," he growled striking Sebastian over and over until Bard grabbed his hand. "You will wake up at onc-"

"Young master it's time to stop. Sebastian's dead, he's not coming back."

Your mind blanked out trying to figure out how he could possibly be dead. All that was ringing in your head was "That's an order", you hadn't realized it was the young lord screaming while Mey-rin tried to separate him from Sebastian's body, ripping the fabric. You were brought back by Bards' hand on your shoulder guiding you back on your weak knees. You held your stomach trying to steady yourself.

Earl Grey was making a nuisance of himself ordering all of the servants around to see to breakfast. Tanaka had instructed you to get the young masters' attire ready. Going to the outfits that were put into the room he slept in, there was the perfect mourning outfit as if he knew he needed it. Grabbing it and placing it on the bed you went to the bathroom where Finny and Bard had brought the hot water up. You drew his bath and slid onto the floor and sighed. Staying there for a while you took it all in and tried to relax till you heard footsteps. Getting up quickly and dusting off your maid uniform Tanaka and the young lord entered the room. Curtsying you walked out the room and the young master gave you a look of sympathy and you returned a closed eye smile. 

Today is going to be a long day.