His Butler, Capricious

The young master had you and Sebastian go into town with him. The Queen had another job for her faithful guard dog. To get you up to date, the young master explained what was going on and gave you news clippings with the articles on it while in the carriage. All were essentially saying the same thing. This "Jack the Ripper" had brutally murdered a few local prostitutes in the East End, they were all gruesome murders, mutilated in the same way. How they were mutilated was not mentioned.

"Do the prostitutes have any ties to each other besides their rather... unique occupation." He smirked, "It seems you ask the relevant questions from the start. I knew I was right in choosing you to assist me." You smiled at the young lord as he sat across from you, the carriage jolted as it came to a stop. Sebastian opened the door and you let the young master go out first, Sebastian extended his hand towards you with his closed eye smile, you swatted away his hand and hopped out the carriage. "That's not very lady like you know." You went to open the door for the master. "Well then it's rather fortunate I'm not considered a lady by society." Opening the door you held it for both of them to walk through. Going into the drawing-room, the three of you came upon a rather odd sight. Madame Red, Grell, and Mr. Lau completely trashed the room, apparently, they were looking for tea.

"Madame Red?! Lau?! What are you doing here?"

They just noticed that you three entered the room. "Oh, Ciel darling you're here early won't be another couple of days before the nobility come to the city."

"If you're here my lord that can only mean one thing."

"The Queen's guard dog has a new scent to follow."

The young master was unamused, "Sebastian it appears we have guests, go prepare some snacks, we'll be in the parlour instead."

Sebastian bowed, "Certainly, my lord." He turned to you, "Clean this up and help me serve the tea, don't stay too long with your head in the books," he affectionately grazed your cheek which heated up immediately, winking he left. That reminded you that you had brought the book concerning demons, it intrigued you so much.

~

"Are you sure you'll be brave enough to stomach the crime scene?" you walked in while they were discussing the case.

"What do you mean?" the young lord turned to Mr. Lau.

"The sight of the dismembered body is gruesome, and one can only imagine the stench. Are you prepared for that little lord?" He scoffed at the question, "I am the head of the Phantomhive family, don't ask foolish questions. Now, I assume you're going to follow me whether I ask or not, so let's go."

You blinked at Mr. Lau, "The papers didn't say anything about the bodies being dismembered, do you know something?" He merely laughed and shrugged his shoulders. "One hears many things in the underworld, whether or not it's true is of no concern to me, I've never seen the bodies."

~

There was a large crowd of people around the crime scene, honestly, how could Scotland Yard let so many people near. "I'm afraid this is no place for a boy, why don't you run along home," a young handsome brunette inspector waved off the young master with this statement.

"Abberline!" Sir Randall approached all of you looking rather annoyed that you were there. "Ah, what do you want Phantomhive, out with it," he gnashed his teeth baring his anger out for everyone to see. He lifted up the letter to show the royal coat of arms on the seal, "Your investigation was straggling a bit so I was sent in," he grabbed the papers out of Inspector Abberline's hand, skimmed it and handed it to Sebastian to read. "Shall we be off?" Madame Red, Mr. Lau, Sebastian, you, and Grell walked away from the angry man and his confused subordinate who had his papers returned.