His Butler, Cold Shoulder

Seeing as the young lord left before you, you took your time getting to the townhouse. London was oddly sparse at this time, quite fit for your mood. 

Mew

"Salem?" 

Sure enough the same beautiful black cat with the wine coloured eyes. He looked at you with a cold stare which was odd, he's never treated you that way before. Stalking off, tail high in the air you followed him through some alleyways. He led you to the Undertakers parlour and stood there licking the back of his paw. "No, absolutely not. What do you want me go in and get an earful of I told you so? It's not going to happen," you turned your back on the cat and saw an Indian man staring at you like you were crazy. He whispered to his friend how odd the (nationality) people were. Can't blame him you were yelling at a cat. "Come on let's go," you said softly to Salem. He stalked after you his head and tail high and every time you turned to look at him he would turn his head away. 'This cat acts like a human'

Reaching the townhouse you entered through the servant's  entrance and shed your cloak. Salem stayed by your coat playing with the hem of it. After washing your hands you took a bit of tuna and fed it to him. "You can stay if you'd like but don't leave the room, the young lord hates cats." You went upstairs to inform the young lord that you have reached but were met with the prince wrestling the poor boy back to bed. "You! Maid! Go fetch ice and extra towels!" You couldn't put your finger on it but something about Prince Soma ordering you around irked your soul.  

~

Jogging to get the towels you ran into the room to see Sebastian filling a bowl with water. Your hands were outstretched gripping the edges of the door frame, gasping with your eyes wide open you quickly hid behind the wall. 

"Kitten?"

Tears formed in your eyes and your chest tightened.  You thought it broke your heart when he thought it was a mistake for you to be taken with someone like him. But this hurt so much more, as if your ribcage was trying to wring your heart dry. Footsteps indicated he was coming so you ran into the guest room across the hall shutting the door with ease but as quickly as possible. His torturous footsteps receded and you quickly grabbed towels and ran downstairs to retrieve the ice. 

You all stood there looking at the flustered young lord sitting under his covers with a thermometer in his mouth. You stood on the opposite side of Sebastian, Agni and Prince Soma in between the both of you. "Come now we should let him rest," everyone left except you, anything to avoid confrontation. A few hours passed as he slept like a baby, only waking up to Sebastian coming in with his dinner. Trying to find an excuse to leave you went downstairs to pace around.  'How can he be so nonchalant?! Does he always do this? Not a look of remorse, an explanation, not a damn thing...'

Ring ring

"Earl of Phantomhive residency may I take a message- oh Tanaka is the manor in one piece?" You planted your palm over your forehead, "Oh Lady Elizabeth is there... mhm alright I'll tell him." You put the mouth piece of the telephone back in the receiver.

"What was that about?" Sebastian walked in with the clothes the young lord wore to the circus and took a caramel Funtom candy from the pocket. "Tanaka called, Lady Elizabeth is staying at the manor until he returns, give the young lord the message," you said coldly and you snatched the candy from his hand and walked off.

~

Downstairs after the young lord fully recuperated he snuck the past persistent Prince Soma. Sebastian carrying the young lord and you by yourself managed to run all the way to Baron Kelvin's manor in an hour.. How you arrived was different to how Sebastian arrived, unfazed and carrying another human with him, and you doubled over with tears in your eyes. Too bad your pain tolerance wasn't as high as you anticipated it getting being his mate. He set the young lord down and helped you to stand up, if it wasn't for the pain in your abdomen you would've swatted him away like a pesky fly. Before knocking on the door Joker gave a double door entrance and welcomed you all in. A candelabra in his hand lit the path you all followed to the dining area, children among children were in the halls dressed as maids, their eyes blank and void of all life. Souless puppets, their life stolen by a vicious tyrant. 

Joker suddenly remarks that one cannot judge another by his appearance, and adds that it must have been hard for the young lord to have a stage name like "Smile" compared to who he really is. "Whoever thought a little thing like you could be the Queen's Guard Dog, aye Ciel?"

"I am the Earl Phantomhive, I don't tolerate servants speaking so familiarly," Ciel declares rudely. "Haha pardon me my lord, dinner is ready." He stepped back letting the children open the doors revealing a beautiful dining room,  nothing too grand but nothing simple either. 

A wheelchair-bound man emerges from another room wrapped and bound like a mummy. A singular eye and the rest of his face were the only bits of skin that were exposed. His expression was giddy and he clapped his hands together at the sight of the young lord. "Oh my Lord Phantomhive I was expecting you, come come sit! Enjoy a little vintage wine I saved from the year of your birth. Look I've prepared a feast as well!" Joker and several of the children delivered the food and poured the wine for both of them as you and Sebastian stood watch. Taking a sip of the crimson liquid, Sebastian concluded that it hadn't been poisoned, but the young lord clearly stated that he has no interest in eating a meal put on by rats. Flustered that the young lord wasn't partaking in the feast he had provided he offered entertainment.

"Joker! Start the show!"

Looking scared, Joker timidly walked up on the stage set for the performance. "Ladies and gents this is this evening's entertainment for the Earl of Phantomhive, our special guest."

 A child attempts to perform tightrope walking without a safety net, and falls to her death. You all were shocked, and Joker cringes, while the sick pig laughs and claps. Another child drags the corpse off the stage while some other children pull two adjoined cages on stage. "And now our lion tamer act." The lion moves in an instant mauling the child before you could take a step to stop the madness. As they were carted off Joker looks away in disgust and shame. "And now... our knife throwin' act.." He looked away sickened before they had even come up on stage.  A young boy stood there with a few knives in his hand, a light brown crescent moon birthmark on his elbow stops you short in your tracks. "Alfred...?" Your eyes widened. You found him, you found your little boy.