| 07 | Void 000 | Home

« CHAPTER SEVEN »

| 7181521144 2651815 | 00:00 | ?
Midoriya's eyes slowly opened, his back rested on the wooden floor with his eyesight blinded by the darkness.

The events that unfolded a while ago began flooding his brain, making his head hurt.

"Wait.. the voice thanked me.. D-Did I help him? Then that means.."

He tried sitting down, a jolt of pain reached from his spine to his skull. But with his high pain tolerance, he shifted his view to the mirror he once stared at.

Shattered glass were all over the floor just right beside him. Some of the broken glass shard were pierced through his arms, blood seeping out his skin.

The mirror was just a wooden stand now. The idea of it gave him the idea that he had set something out. That he did what that voice wanted him to do even if he thought he was being careful. That he had helped someone, and that was a bad thing.

"That means I must've... Helped that voice.. He's no longer talking in my head either.."

He was in deep trouble. Some kind of trouble that would probably lead him to a bad event. But then again, who would care? Just like what Bakugo told him, he was useless. He can't do anything right and he won't be able to.

"Damn it.. I can't do anything right..! I really am a worthless idiot.."

Who exactly would give a single glance for someone like him? Who would take the time to lend a hand to a frail quirkless boy? He would eventually just be a burden and those thoughts keep coming in, nonstop.

Midoriya used to be the person who would never give up no matter what other people say. Keyword -- used to be. It was all on him that brought him to this. His curiosity, his naïveté, his stupidity and his entire existence. By now, he would rather disappear. In short, he gave up.

He rested his back to the wooden floor, fazing himself, waiting for himself to die out.

He tried to form a smile on his face but he couldn't. It only turned back to a frown, with his eyes loosing their bright emerald glow. The once cheery face he kept on for so long faded instantly.

He was done. . . He was weak. . .
He was pathetic. . . He was useless. .

He remembered Bakugo telling him to jump off the roof. Good memories. Maybe he just has to cut his own life. It's a meaningless one to say.

His thoughts came to drown him once again, like they were stalling for time. The words of his old fellow classmates and All Might telling him the heart aching truth. Pathetic. This is the very first and probably the last time he gave up.

"Don't cry. Why am I crying?" Tears began flowing down his cheeks, he tried containing his sobs but only ended up becoming louder and louder.

"You really are hopeless, aren't you, Izuku Midoriya?" He told himself, chuckling. His eyelids felt heavy, almost sending him to another slumber 'til a hand suddenly reached to him.

"Now, now, let's not be to keen on that wish of yours, young man!" A female voice told him. Midoriya turned around to see.. someone..? There was someone with him all this time? No, if they were then he would've at least noticed them.

There, in front of him stood a tall woman, fair-skinned and had sharp, intelligent eyes with long eyelashes. Her hair was dark and straight, kept shoulder-length with the exception of a clump of short bangs hanging above her forehead, and styled in a half-up-half-down bun.

"Please don't hurt me.." Midoriya begged, flinching away.

The woman bent on her knees to reach the boy's height and asked, "Were you planning to give up that easily, Izuku Midoriya?"

"I-I'm sorry.. a-ah? How do you know my name..?" Midoriya looked up, a bit reluctant in asking.

The woman simply smiled and patted him at the back, "How could I forget Toshinori's secret love child?"

"H-Huh? Secret Love--?" Midoriya trailed off before shaking his head, "N-Nevermind! It sounds like I'm causing trouble for you, miss.. do you live here?? I'm sorry for intruding..!"

"Don't worry, you're no trouble. And nah, I don't live here." The woman chuckled before lending a hand as if waiting for Midoriya to grab it, "I'm Nana Shimura."

He didn't really seem to trust her as much but something in his gut told him she wasn't an enemy. The aura she's giving off is very different from the surroundings too. "Nice to m-meet you, Ms. Shimura.."

"Ah, don't be so afraid, young Izuku. Apparently, he's causing trouble again, so we came to help." Nana gleamed a bright smile, helping Midoriya stand up.

"We?"

"Why are you helping me, Ms. Shimura?" He questioned, a confused look imprinted on his face while she wrapped Midoriya's hands with bandages.

Nana didn't answer for a bit, being busy with cleaning up Midoriya's wounds. When she finished, she gleamed another smile.

"I'll help you." Nana stated, "I'll help you get back home safely, young Izuku."

There was a bit of silence for the both of them. Midoriya stared at her before a slight giggle slipped his mouth.

Shimura was bewildered. Yes, she was the seventh holder of One for All but that doesn't mean she would know what Midoriya was thinking all the time.

She asked with a bit of concern, "What's so funny?"

Midoriya noticed her, his eyes falling into sadness, he looked down on the floor and casually said,

"What home?"

Shimura was a bit saddened at his answer but tried to cheer him up, "Back home, with your mom and your friends. They want to see you again, young Izuku."

"What friends? No one wants to be friends with a quirkless loser like me."

"You're not a loser. You may not remember but right now, many people out there, they're waiting for you. So please.."

Midoriya's eyes widened at what she said. He finally had a little bit of hope at the mention that someone was out there, finding him, trying to rescue him, risking everything just to get to see him. That someone.. cared for him.

"Please, give yourself another chance."

.

.

.

.

.

| Loading Next Chapter
|Written on - July 14, 2020