| 18 | Void 001 | Awake

« CHAPTER EIGHTEEN »

| January 12 | 6:00 P.M. | Hospital
Midoriya jolted upwards on his hospital bed, the attached oxygen tanks coming off his face.

His breathing was rapid and shallow, his hands tremblings with bloody tears darkening his outfit. His eyes were covered in red, he couldn't see a thing.

His heart was hammering inside his chest, as if it was a boxer using all his strength on a punching bag. A sweat formed on his forehead, his head was spinning and felt so hot.

"--ku!"

Midoriya can hear someone was yelling? Shouting? Begging? Crying? He couldn't tell, it was distant and muffled. He couldn't help but want to help. The voice felt.. so worried.

"--zuku!"

The voice.. felt so nervous and upset. His body was shaking uncontrollably, Midoriya didn't know why. Why was he acting like this? Was he having a panic attack? Then, he felt a hand gently rest on his hand, the red fading away.

"Izuku!"

His hearing was first to get back to him before his eyesight follows suit. From what it looked like, Inko wiped the blood coming from his eyes.

"...Mom...?" Midoriya noticed her, she had puffy eyes as more tears burst forth like water from a dam. He was still shaking but she gave a strong embrace.

He smiled and returned the hug, tightening it. "I'm fine now, mom. You don't have to worry."

Her hands squeezed tight, "Don't ever do that again..!"

"I.. I won't." Midoriya beamed. His mother got up and wiped her tears and then pointed to the people staring wide-eyed at him, watching the both of them.

Some fell on their knees while everyone was cheering him. Some telling him how much he made them worry and some simply relieved things were back to normal.

The four people he found during all that mindscape nonsense had just woken up. They all fell unconscious after that "Sleep" from the TV, according to everyone.

Kirishima even called Bakugo manly for being so concerned about his rival. Eventually, the blonde denied it and said fairly obvious reasons.

Kaminari and Sero teased him about it, later being brought outside by Bakugo for a little "talk."

May they still be alive after this misfortune.

Tokoyami stated something about darkness that's somehow relevant to the situation at hand.

Aoyama told his concerns before saying that he will never stop sparkling.

The french blonde even gave him another batch of cheese while Sato gave a chocolate cake on Midoriya's lap.

Mineta grew jealous of all the food and attention being given to him. Looks like he wants to get a gunshot too.

"I'm glad you're alright, Midoriya." Was all Todoroki stated, with a slight smile forming on his face. Deep inside, the weight he lifted was finally gone. Midoriya was no longer near death.

"It's strange.." Todoroki told himself, looking at his hand, "This might be the first time I got involved without anyone getting their hands messed up."

Everyone overheard and dropped a sweat. Was that Todoroki right now? He's not serious, is he?

Ignoring whatever that was, Uraraka rushed to Midoriya's side and gripped tight, "Deku.. I'm so glad you're okay..! I was so afraid!"

Iida scuttled to her side, "Midoriya, we're so glad you're finally feeling alright! But everyone, we should give him some space, he doesn't look like he's feeling well."

"No, it's okay, Iida. Really!" Midoriya gestured before rubbing his head, a sharp pain rang through his mind, "Though, I kinda feel dizzy."

All of their faces felt a bit of concern, one was about to talk when suddenly Aizawa scoffed his way to the greenhead and bent on his knees. Midoriya closed his eyes shut, expecting to be told off by the teacher.

He then felt a hand touch his forehead, opening his eyes, he was a bit surprised, "You've got a fever."

"O-Oh.." Midoriya uttered.

"You should rest." He said softly, he then turned around, "Every student, out." Aizawa ordered his class, who groaned and dragged their bodies outside the room.

He watched them leave before he glanced back at Midoriya, "Better stay out of any more trouble, problem child. You got me a little anxious there."

"Y-Yes, sir." Midoriya mumbled.

Aizawa smiled, though it didn't look quite well since he wasn't really a person to show that kind of expression. "Good grief." He sighed before leaving.

All Might walked closer to Midoriya on his bed. Before the broccoli could reply, the blonde stretched his arms and gave a father-like embrace.

"Young Midoriya.. I was worried sick..!" The lachrymose All Might exclaimed.

"I--- I'm so sorry, All Might.." Midoriya aplogized, tears dribbling on his freckled cheeks. "If I.. If I didn't make it.. Then One for All could be--"

"I wasn't worried about One for All, my boy." All Might reassured, patting his back, "I was more worried about you, Young Midoriya."

"..You.. really mean it..?"

"I really do."

"Hey, All Might--?"

"Hm..?"

"Ms. Shimura was a really nice person and a great hero."

The blonde was baffled at the mention of his mentor. But, knowing her, he smiled,

"Welcome back, Young Midoriya."

---

| A few days later..
"So, what's this about having eight quirks, Midoriya?" Aizawa glared at the boy. It's been a day since his discharge from the hospital and it was time for homeroom. Everything went normal pretty smoothly, well, for others that is.

Midoriya stood up noisily and stuttered, "I'm not sure, Mr. Aizawa..!" That was a horrible excuse.

The teacher narrowed his eyes. That answer wasn't practical enough, maybe? I don't know.

All Might pushed the door open, spewing out a few blood here and there. He was on a break but he definitely wasn't allowed to disrupt homeroom.

"What exactly are you doing here?" Aizawa glared at the man.

"I suppose you need an explanation?" All Might lowered his head, Midoriya feeling a bit taken aback.

"You know about this problem child's quirks?" He grumbled. Knowing this man's slight favoritism for the boy, he was eager to hear him out. The hero nodded and awaited for Aizawa's response.

"Alright, but make it quick."

Midoriya sat down, a sweat forming down his face. This was gonna be a lot for them to take in.

-------

-------

| End
| Chapter Written On - July 23, 2020
| Published On - September 28, 2020