| 04 | Void 000 | Naïveté

« CHAPTER FOUR »

| 7181521144 2651815 | 00:00 | ?
The voice was chuckling in Midoriya's head when he finally stepped foot on the forest.

/ How naïve.

Surely Midoriya has a plan. He always has, doesn't he? He would analyze the situation, see what materials he's got and use them to his advantage. That's how he always gets out of every predicament.

But this time he was at a dead end. There was a fog in his head whenever he would think. Just a little while ago, his thoughts would keep coming but now? It was empty.

/ You can't try to remember anything now. It's game over for you because of your own naïveté.

Was it because of him being in the forest? Is that the reason why his train of thoughts would fall off the rails when he gets to the part that he can solve?

He looked back outside and ran as fast he can, no matter how far it is. The green grass from before looked so clear and safe for him now, he wants to go there.

Just as he was to step outside the forest, he bumped his head onto an invisible wall. Touching it created a bouncy look, like he touched water without his hand actually going through.

"Why can't I leave?" Midoriya said out loud, he was beginning to regret doing anything at all. He was right into its trap.

/ I told you I'll help you. I'll help you help me.

The voice giggled creepily. He thought to himself a while ago that he wouldn't be stupid enough, right? Well look who just fell for someone's trap.

Knowing the situation he got himself in, he decided to just go with what's happening. Somehow, this voice can shut off what Midoriya's thinking, does that mean it knows what he's thinking too? If so, then there is no way to outsmart it, is there?

Midoriya sighed and followed the rocky pathway with tree roots growing out of the ground carefully. He kept walking, tripping, falling and standing back up. It was a repetitive process, he felt like he was being toyed with.

That's when he found what seems to be an old house. Wide open windows with ragged curtains can be seen from the distance. The wooden door was covered with overgrown weeds with a small dirty pond right outside it.

"I feel like.. I shouldn't enter.." Midoriya mumbled to himself, staring at the house, he was unsure.

He knew he wasn't suppose to enter. That the voice just wants him to get in and look at whatever's inside. The way that the voice said, "I'll help you help me." just raised his suspicions even bigger.

He tapped his foot to the ground, thinking of what to do. Apparently, it was listening, it was just having fun seeing someone so puzzled at something so simple.

/ Enter now.

Its voice was smooth and lowered tone, other than the raspy one. At exactly right after that, his body began to move before he could think. He sprinted to the door and pushed it open, the broken wood scattering to the floor.

"I-- I didn't do that!" Midoriya exclaimed before looking around that no one was inside. He sighed and glanced at his new surroundings.