| 16 | Void 000 | Cliff

« CHAPTER SIXTEEN »

| 7181521144 2651815 | 00:00 | ?
There in front of them was a cliff. It wasn't a height the heroes could simply jump on. If they tried that, well, let's just say they're in for a long drop.

"A cliff..? This is.." Uraraka huffed, her hands trailing down her face, "We're on a mountain.. We.. There should be a way down.." She threw up after that, nauseous of the past events.

Midoriya was getting in and out of consciousness, constantly opening his eyes and then wincing from the sharp unpleasant sensation traveling through his nerves. Not to mention, his body's temperature wasn't getting any higher.

Iida narrowed his eyes and spotted another side by the opposite of where they are. Though, it was quite unreachable.

It was a wall with a closed off door right in the middle, it was beaming with a faint glow.

The three of them knew this was where they were suppose to be heading but the question is, how do they get there?

"Iida.." Uraraka grabbed his shoulder lightly. She looked exhausted and cleaned her face from the disgorged matter on her chin, "Should I use.. my zero gravity.. on--"

"No, Uraraka!" Iida cut in, "You've passed your limit and you're freezing! I'll think of a way."

"But Deku.. He's not gonna make it if.."

"I'm concerned too, Uraraka.. and.. Besides, it's not that I don't trust you but it's better to be safe.. That fall.. it's too high.." He responded frantically.

Just as he finished, he felt like it really was the only way. The highest probability of their success is for someone to carry Midoriya in there. Suddenly, a gust of wind blew to them, both tried their best not to be blown away.

"Bakugo?! Todoroki?!" Both exclaimed, as an attack almost got them again.

"K..Kacchan.." Midoriya softly murmured at the sight of his childhood friend, who was now full of broken ribs. "He's.. helping me..?"

"He was faster than I fucking thought!" Bakugo shouted before using his A.P Shot to the enemy.

Todoroki yelled, "Iida, what's--?!" He caught sight of the cliff, his mouth gaped wide open. "This is.. you've got to be kidding me.." He stood next to Iida, making small flames to heat up Midoriya.

"I'm sorry, Todoroki, but I've lost my recipro. How can I help?!" The blue haired boy asked.

"I have no idea!" Todoroki was getting angrier and accidentally sent a large scale ice attack similar to his fight with Sero on the Sports Festival. Luckily, it hit the duplicate just at the right time.

"Icyhot, you almost froze me!" Bakugo scowled, landing besides the four of them. He glared at the enemy who's strings slit through the ice pack, slicing it and destroying it. "The fuck are we gonna do?! I'm running out of sweat here!"

"We have to get Midoriya to that door!" Todoroki ordered, he glanced at Uraraka who was bleary and worn-out. "We can't let Midoriya float there with her quirk now, maybe Bakugo could fly both of them there? No, I'll just use my ice."

"What's the matter? Didn't expect that, did you?" The duplicate grinned, "You did a poor choice on using your quirks. How naïve."

"You're getting on my nerves, faker. How many times will you say that?!"

"It's just an honest catchphrase, Kacchan." It grabbed hold of Ochaco using its strings and threw her on the side of the cliff.

Todoroki moved swiftly, creating an ice track for the girl to land on. He turned to the blue haired boy, "Iida, even without your recipro, carry Midoriya to that door!"

He nodded and slid carefully to the ice pack, tripping his way while Uraraka stood up and followed him.

The duplicate gritted his teeth. Why in the world does it have to face these people? Their quirks were perfect for their situation.

It was losing. Its monologues were just to cover them up and pretend that it had some sophisticated plan. But in reality, it didn't.

I mean, it is the opposite of Midoriya, so logically, his alter ego didn't have that intelligence than what he showed to be.

It was all false.

It hated that fact, that's why it was a mealy-mouthed. It was no genius and it finally accepted defeat.

It grumbled before it calmed down, smiling, "I can't have him, can I? Then neither can you."

It immediately jumped to Bakugo, taking in his last few explosions that burnt its face. It struggled, making sure Bakugo won't get an opening to escape.

It used its strings to destroy the ice blocks being sent to him and threw Todoroki far away that fell down to the cliff who forced a new ice to form to catch his fall. His whole body was frozen and no longer had any sort of strength.

"Shit! No more sweat. I should've brought those fucking gauntlets!" The ash-blonde kicked the enemy mid-air, only for its invisible strings to tie up his feet and hands, restraining him. "Fucking bastard!"

He glared at the doppelgänger, his pupils narrowed, escaping the white in his eyes. In front of him had a face of someone with pure hate, crimson liquid splashing on his mouth. It's forest green eyes sending shivers down his spine.

"I'll miss you, Kacchan." It grinned before both of them plunged to the bottomless pit, a loud thud echoing below the heroes.

Witnessing the scene, Midoriya stared, tongue-tied and flabbergasted. Did Bakugo just sacrifice himself for him? Just a little time before, he told him to take a swan dive off the roof. Did they.. somehow made up in the future?

The person he admired for being confident, strong and just purely amazing was now gone. The person closer to him than All Might was out of his sight.

Midoriya reached his injured arm out, ignoring the pain and yelled at the top of his lungs. "Kacchan...!"

.

.

.

.

.

| Loading Next Chapter
| Chapter Written On - July 23, 2020
| Published On - September 18, 2020