| 03 | Void 000 | Alone

« CHAPTER 03 »

|7181521144 2651815 | 0:00 | ?
Emerald eyes fluttered wide open, only to be met by the bright light radiating from the sun, forcing his eyes to close shut.

The boy had a round face framed by messy fluffy dark-green hair, casting dark shadows onto itself. His eyes were large and his irises the same green color as his hair. He also has four symmetrical freckles on both cheeks covering his face. He looked confused..?

"W..Where.. Am.. I..?" He asked himself, sitting up from his position. He rubbed his eyes and found himself in a field of lush green grass.

He looked around, nothing else. "What am I doing here? I was just about to go home and think of a more realistic future.." He tipped his finger on his chin, thinking about his encounter with All Might, "Yeah, that.."

The cold breeze gave shivers down his spine. He felt something was wrong until a voice suddenly called out for him.

"Midoriya.." A feminine unfamiliar voice shouted his name. He couldn't tell where it came from, the whole place couldn't be distinguished in each angle he looks at.

He hesitated for a bit but built up the courage to ask, "Who.. are you..?"

Silence. The breeze is what responded to him, by dancing around his ears, whispering that no one will come to save him.

"Why.. isn't anyone.. a-answering me..?" Midoriya asked again, frowning at the sky. Nobody responded to him again.

He was alone, like he's always have been. No friends and no other people to rely on. Only his mother cared for him but she wasn't there with him now.

Midoriya glanced at his hand, it looked like it has to have gone through countless injuries. That it looked.. crooked? Destroyed? But why would it be broken?

He looked up and met with a familiar set of sharp, ruby eyes accompanied with an angry glare. It was a young man with a muscular build and fair skin tone. He has short, spiky ash-blond hair with choppy bangs hanging over his eyebrows.

"Kacchan.." He gave a weak smile at the sight of his childhood friend.

The person whom the broccoli-haired boy called "Kacchan," scoffed and turned around, stomping his way to leave the boy.

"Don't look down on me!" He yelled at the innocent clueless boy and left him.

"W-Wait for me..!" Midoriya reached his hand out, begging for Kacchan to stop and help him out, "Why are.. you leaving me..?"

The other boy didn't bother to give him a second thought. He just left the broken Izuku on the ground who was sobbing on the floor.

"Please.. I don't want to be alone anymore.."

He was on his own.. again. It wasn't that loneliness was new for him, it was just something he doesn't want to feel over and over again.

If you were alone, all kinds of thoughts would rally in your mind. Some good, some bad, some neutral. They'll come entering your head like a storm.

Being alone isn't a bad thing. It could give you space and some distance to other people. It could let you realize things. But being alone too much could consume you, eat you alive and devour you whole.

It's the same as negative emotions, it will consume you, eat you alive and devour you whole. As if the whole world circled around just those exact thoughts. And when the cup of negativity overflows, all a person could do was either be angry or cry or any other way. All has one thing in common: It's to just let everything bottled up in your heart out.

The wind swayed, sending his hair and uniform to feel the cold breeze. Wait.. His uniform.. It wasn't the one he wore on Aldera High. It looked like a.. U.A.'s hero course uniform?

"When did I wear this..? It's so hot.." Midoriya looked at his clothes and peaked through, he didn't have that skinny body, it was more muscly than before, "W-When did I get so.. packed..?"

He then noticed a long red scar on his arm, a black sleeve was covering it. "When did I get so beat up?" He ignored all of it and stood up, brushing off the tears on his face. "I have to get out of here.. Wherever here is."

Midoriya stroked his clothes and looked at where Kacchan went off as he began walking. Walking. And walking. And Walking. Where exactly is he going? Was there even any point in looking forward? And besides, before this happened everyone else already looked down on him, telling him to have a realistic future. He can't possibly look forward to something he didn't desire.

He can't say it out loud but there was a small feeling of hate to everyone that was stuck inside his heart, never letting it out. Never talking back and just cry in a corner. There was nothing he can do.

That's when his eyes found a different view. It wasn't just endless grass, there was a shady forest with trees having dark green leaves and dim lighting it got from the sun.

It was a little far away from where he was but he knew he had to go there, trees could help him navigate where he was and will be. And maybe, he could find an exit. A way out. A way to go back.

/ I'll help you. /

A voice struck his head. It was raspy and sharp and it felt like snakes where all over his body, tightening themselves to suffocate him. He felt fear. He felt afraid. He felt shaken.

But, he also felt the need to leave.

You'd think Midoriya would trust the voice just because he lost most of his memories. He still has the mind of his middle school self, so of course, Midoriya wasn't stupid. The voice probably wants him for something. To use him or to play with him.

He shook his head, "Either way, the forest is the only place I could think of, right now. There'd be food and other stuff there.."

That's when he decided to just go but with precaution. Besides, he knew he was quirkless, he assumed that he can't go after whoever that voice is. If he just stood there, then maybe the voice will just make the first move. Who knows? What if that person has some kind of super quirk he can't possibly face against?

Midoriya began running towards the forest, which was oddly big. How did he not notice this before? Did it magically appear?

/ How naïve. /

.

.

.

.

.

| Loading Next Chapter
| Chapter Written On - July 11, 2020
| Published On - July 23, 2020