Chapter 13 - Alexia's POV

~Author's Note
So this is the first of probably a couple of chapters that include songs in this story, I sang this myself (I'm kinda sick and recorded it with my crappy apple earbuds so sorry if it sucks, I'll redo it eventually) and the lyrics are in the story so you'll know when to play it! I'm a big PATD fan, and the song included in this chapter is Northern Downpour, from their album Pretty. Odd. Thanks to the like 3 people that are reading this, I know this isn't gonna be very popular but that isn't really why I'm writing this, I'm just bored, so yeah. Enjoy!
Much Love,
Mareena~

****************************

"What happened in the dream?" I ask Margo.

"We were both in the games with Grandma and Aunt Margo," she says.

The main reason why our mother was always so worried about losing us was because she lost her mother, Alexia, and her eldest sister, Margo, when they were reaped for the 150th Hunger Games. That year, the special rule was that the two people to be reaped would be one parent-child duo from each district, and anyone was eligible as long as the child was between twelve and eighteen. None of us were alive then, since mother was only eleven, but it scared her for life and drove her older brother, Troy, to suicide. She lost everyone but her father and younger sister Katrina because of the Sixth Quarter Quell, and a few years after that, her father died in a mining accident, and Aunt Katrina died giving birth to her first child when she was only seventeen. Her daughter was taken by the father's family, and we've never actually met her. The only family Mother has left is Father and us, and even now she's going to lose one if not both of her girls.

"I'm so sorry Margo," I say, only assuming what happened in the dream.

The 150th games were a nightmare, the arena was a jungle filled with the most vicious of beasts. They called it the Hell Forest in the districts. The games only lasted three days that year, and most of the kills were by the mutts, not the tributes. I hug Margo, who is shaking slightly at this point, and attempt to calm her down slightly. As we sit together, I remember a song that Father used to sing to us as a lullaby. I begin to softly sing and hold Margo slightly closer to me.

If all our life is but a dream

Fantastic posing greed

Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea

For diamonds do appear to be

Just like broken glass to me

And then she said she can't believe

Genius only comes along

In storms of fabled foreign tongues

Tripping eyes, and flooded lungs

Northern downpour sends its love

Hey moon, please forget to fall down

Hey moon, don't you go down

Sugarcane in the easy mornin'

Weathervanes my one and lonely

The ink is running toward the page

It's chasin' off the days

Look back at both feet

And that winding knee

I missed your skin when you were east

You clicked your heels and wished for me

Through playful lips made of yarn

That fragile Capricorn

Unraveled words like moths upon old scarves

I know the world's a broken bone

But melt your headaches, call it home

Hey moon, please forget to fall down

Hey moon, don't you go down

You are at the top of my lungs
Drawn to the ones who never yawn

We sit together in her room for hours, until we hear a knock at the door. It's time for our first day of training.