Chapter 26 - Alexia's POV

After hearing a knock at the door, we get out of bed and dress before going out to the dining room to eat breakfast.  Kolton sits across from us at the table, obviously hungover.

"Drink and eat as much as you possibly can.  Even if you aren't hungry, believe me, you will be soon enough," he says, "So, don't go for the Cornucopia, Margo don't forget about that signal you guys came up with, and just be safe."

When we finish eating, we stand up.

"I'm going to miss you two," Kolton says, faking a smile.

"I'm going to miss you too, Kolton," Margo says, "Look, I'm sorry about yesterday."

"Forget about it.  You have more important things to worry about right now, both of you," he says, before wrapping us both in a hug, "Now go."

We turn and follow a group of peacekeepers down the elevator and out of the training center to a launchpad.  A woman stands at the ramp leading up to a massive hovercraft, and she ushers us inside.

"You're Twelve?" she asks.

We both nod in response.

"Wonderful.  Sit there, and stick out your arm," she says, before two other people come over and quickly inject us with something.

"What the hell?" Margo exclaims.

"They're your trackers Margo, relax," Rowan says from across the aisle of seats.

Everyone is in the ship now, set in together in order of District number.  We can feel the ship taking off after the door closes, and then we're off to the arena.  I grab Margo's hand, petrified of what will happen to us, and don't let go until two peacekeepers pry us apart and throw us into a new building.  Each tribute is sent into their own room, and in mine is Chastity, waiting for me with a black jumpsuit similar to the one we wore in during training.

"Good morning!  Are you excited?" Chastity shouts.

"Not really.  I'm nervous, to be honest," I respond, shocked by her enthusiasm.

"Well, I'm sure that you'll be fine.  Here let's get this on you," she waves away my worry as if it's nothing and helps me put on the suit.

"So, like the one for training, it doubles as a swimsuit, and has some insulation for heat and cold, but not much, so make sure that you get some good supplies when you're in there," Chastity explains.

"Great," I say, looking into the mirror.

I look even more aged than the last time I looked into the mirror, with my hair pulled back into a high, tight bun, and the odd fitting jumpsuit.  Chastity begins to cry.

"Oh, I'm going to miss you, Alexia!  You were just the most perfect tribute I have ever worked with.  May the odds be ever in your favor!" she says, before wrapping me into a hug, "So, it's about 9:30 now, the pre-game recap is on if you wouldn't mind watching it for a little while?  You don't have to be in the tube until 9:55."

"Sure, turn it on," I say, sitting down, slowly getting more nauseous and worried.

Augustus Keller is in the middle of going over every moment from the reapings, the tribute parade, the interviews, and little snippets of training sessions that I didn't know they had taken.  He seems so excited that his head might just pop off at some point, and I'm honestly hoping that it does.

After twenty-five minutes, a loud beep sounds, and Chastity tells me to get in the tube.

"You have to wait in the tube for two minutes, then it raises, and you have another two before the gong goes off," she tells me, "You're going to do wonderful, Alexia!"

The glass door closes, and I begin my ascent.