Chapter 18 - Margo's POV

"No way in hell am I wearing a dress that short," I tell Helios.

I just got out of a two-hour long waxing and cleaning session with Persephone, Lydia, and Knox and I am not in the best mood.

"Come on, Margo, it's got shorts underneath the skirt, no one will see anything.  We spent all week on these, you are your sister have to look the same." Helios tells me.

I cross my arms.

"Please.  Just put it on,"

I roll my eyes.

"Fine, but you owe me one," I say.

"How is this me owing you one?" Helios asks, laughing.

"Because," I say, as if it's an explanation, "Plus, I'm probably going to be dead in a week so why does it matter?"

He starts helping me with the dress.

"Don't be like that.  You guys actually have a chance, and the people like you so far," he says.

"So far," I tell him, "But I'm nervous about the interview.  We've been practicing all week and I still feel like I'm going to mess up."

"You won't.  It isn't as hard as you think it is, and it'll be over quickly," Helios says.

"All ten minutes of it," I say, dryly laughing.

"Let's change the subject.  Get your mind off of the interviews for a few minutes," he says, smiling as he helps tighten the corset on my dress.

"Alright then.  Topic change, topic change," I say, smiling and pretending to think about it, "I know!  What's the deal with you and Kolton?"

Helios freezes behind me.

"What do you mean?  Kolton's a good friend of mine, he has been for years," he says, nervously.

"It's not like I'm going to tell anyone.  I mean, other than Alexia that is.  She the one who saw you two," I say.

"What?" he says, spinning me around, "What did she see, exactly?"

He looks extremely scared.

"What's your deal, Helios, no one's going to judge you.  I mean, I have a girlfriend, so that's not an issue..." I begin.

"It's not about that, it's just," he sighs, "We just like to keep our privacy."

We stand quietly for a moment.

"Alright then," I say.

He works in silence from then on, finishing tightening up my corset, then fixing the skirt and helping me with the gigantic shoes.  After all of that, he fixes my hair into the half up half down style that I like and places a small tiara-like headpiece on top of my head.

"You look beautiful, Margo," Helios says as he turns me around to look in the mirror.

"Thanks, Helios," I say.

"Let's go find Alexia, shall we?" he asks, offering his arm out to me so I can get off of the pedestal.

"Let's go," I say.