Chapter 32 - Atiya Larson

"How are they still alive?" I ask in a thunderous voice.

No one responds.

"Four careers went after them, and now eight people are dead, but still not the two from Twelve.  What do you expect me to tell President Snow?  We can't have Margo or Alexia winning this year's games, it would look bad, especially after what happened with Margo's assessment.  District Twelve children are heathens.  Savages!  They deserve to die.  And yet, somehow, these two walk out of the second bloodbath of the Seventh Quarter Quell alive!" I yell out, pacing around the conference room table where the most important Gamemakers are seated.

"Head Gamemaker, it was a mistake, we assumed that the Careers would come out on top, but with Alana and Nolan having left, it was a risky chance," Queenie, the woman in charge of Muttations, says.

"Yes!  Alana and Nolan.  Do we know what they were thinking when they left the Career pack?  Is there any valid reasoning yet?" I question.

"Not yet, Ma'am, we're still trying to figure it out.  They were on guard one night, and just left the rest of them," one of the lower ranking Gamemakers says.

"Well, in either case, Alana and Nolan are our only bet for a Career win this year.  Favor them, keep them safe, and please tell me that you have a way of dealing with Twelve!" I exclaim.

"Actually, we do have a plan that would deal with Twelve and the two young ones from Six.  With Twelve's current path, they should be meeting up very soon, and I have just the creation for this scenario," Queenie begins excitedly.

I smile.

"Alright then, get to work,"