Chapter 17 - Alexia's POV

After a quick breakfast, we're dragged into one of the sublevels of the training center, and I'm all but thrown into a room similar to the one that I was put in before the tribute parade.  I sit on the all too familiar surgical table, and shortly after I arrive Hallaway, Tatiana and Clio come rushing in. 

"Oh, we missed you so much!"

"You look so tired!  Haven't you slept?"

"Where did this hair come from?  We just waxed her a week ago!"

As they quickly hug me and lay me down, I'm once again surrounded by the frenzied high-pitched noises that are their voices, but this time it isn't as annoying somehow.

We go through all of the hoops that we had to before the Parade, waxing and washing and trimming and priming, until I look like the pristine doll they presented to the Capitol a week ago.  They slap on some makeup quickly, wrap my hair up in a tight bun, then send me to Chastity.

"Good morning, love!" she chirps, wrapping me in a giant hug.

"Good morning, Chastity," I say, not fully being able to breathe.

"You are truly going to love your outfit for today!  The dresses are just stunning," Chastity gushes.

"Awesome," I say, as Chastity pulls out a small garment bag, "That's it?  It looks kind of short,"

The dress is extremely short, with a poufy skirt, and is entirely black, but when Chastity moves it back and forth, I can see red shimmers throughout the bodice.

"Don't worry about the length dear, there's a pair of shorts underneath it, and we're going to be doing another one of those changes like at the Parade, so this isn't even the final product!" Chastity tells me.

She helps me get the dress on, which fits like a corset on the top, and I put on the extremely tall heels, which aren't as much of a burden anymore, after the session with Vita.  She then puts a small black and red hair comb into my bun, then swivels me around to look at myself in the mirror.

The makeup isn't as dramatic as it was for the Parade, but it's still a lot, with quite a bit of red eyeshadow and dark red lipstick.  The dress makes me look even skinnier than I normally am, due to the corseted top, and I see that the red shimmers from the bodice are also visible in the otherwise invisible sleeves.  The skirt makes up for length with width, in a large, black, sparkly pouf.  The strappy black heels look like they're climbing my bare legs, all the way up to my thighs.

"Wow," I say.

"Wow indeed.  You look Capitol, darling, it's just wonderful!  You're still sure that we can't die your hair just a bit of a darker red? It wouldn't take long, and it'd look fabulous..."

"No, we're not dying my hair, Chastity," I say.

"Alright!" she says, putting up her hands in surrender, "How about you practice walking around quickly, then we go find Margo and Helios?"

"That works for me," I say, stepping down off of the little platform.